SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get the "indicator bulb failure" (can't remember exactly what it says) message and rapid flashing when using the left turn indicator on my 2001 S60 T5. Obviously this normally means that a bulb is out. However, none are out. Just to be sure, I've replaced all the bulbs and unconnected-reconnected the connectors at the front and rear bulb sockets. What it looks like is that the front (left) bulb is not glowing brightly enough, and this is causing the voltage drop being indicated to me by the rapid blicking and the message. Like I said, I've replaced the bulb and the problem is the same. Also, sometimes, for the first few minutes of driving, everything works fine. It's like once it warms up it starts having issues.<p>Has anyone else had this problem, or can anyone shed some light on how to maybe fix it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Re: Blinker Problem - Stumped (caliwagon)

I had that same issue over the summer. I wound up adjusting the contactors in the bulb housing to give better contact, (adjusted the bend so they sit higher up in the housing). Have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Most times when you have the blinking fast bulb its either going out (as stated) or <br>could be the relay... Some cars relays are integrated into the hazard switch. I however do not know on the S60<p>

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's the bulb socket!!! Replace it with a new one ($15~) and you'll be good to go. I had this exact problem on my '02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts