SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on vacation, and finally taking a day to swap out the dash on my 1998 c70 for one that does not have broken tabs, and I have prepped with reinforcements for the brackets. This is long overdue...as the replacement has been sitting in the basement for about 2 years.

One complaint I have always had is the glare from the dash pad in the windshield. My brother says it's like looking through a glazed donut, lol. Being that the dash is the same as other X70 models, I thought others may have had similar problems.

I have tan interior...and aside from getting one of those ugly dash carpets or tinting my windshield, what options do I have? Could I spray with brown plasti-dip...would that still have a high reflection? Any other options?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Had this problem on my 2000 V70 with a tan interior. Went to a black interior on my next two Volvo wagons and no longer had this problem. Sorry to have to tell you this...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find polarized sunglasses help dramatically and make you look cool to :cool:
I wear glasses. Would look funny....And too young to wear blueblockers like those old folks

But if I wasn't blind, that would sure be the easiest fix.

I tried the dull finish wipes on the dash. Much better, but we'll see how long that lasts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I ALWAYS wear sunglasses and now wear yellow glasses on overcast days, no glare problems!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts