SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the car for less than 2 weeks and it appears that I have gotten my first issue ?

I am receiving the following message in my console: "Blind spot sensor service required"

I've started and stopped the car a few times to see if it clears but to no avail. Also BLIS and CTA buttons are greyed out with a warning triangle icon.

Both mirrors look clear and clean. I was driving in stop and go traffic and someone was flying by and came close and the bliss blinked fast rapidly....that is all I can think of. It wasn't until 30min later for another trip the warning message came on.

I guess us xc90 owners won't be able to avoid visits to the dealer...

Has anyone have any knowledge of this error? Any advice or input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have a loan XC90 while Volvo sort out 2 x XC90s with issues.
After s few days with the loaner I also got the message of blind spot sensors service.
Also a message that the other sensors on the car ate not functioning and take to service centre. I found that one of the front sensors in rectangle plastic had popped out. Clipped it back in and the sensors started working plus the blind spot.
However still do not have a warm fuzzy feeling that all sensors are working but as usual I still check over the shoulder etc for everything when reversing and changing lanes.
Funny that I have a loaner with so many issues...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone had this issue serviced? What was the problem/fix?
Just happened to me as well. A car passed by in front of me in the parking lot and the cross traffic warning engaged.
Then next time I started the car I got the warning that the blind spot sensors need service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone had this issue serviced? What was the problem/fix?
Just happened to me as well. A car passed by in front of me in the parking lot and the cross traffic warning engaged.
Then next time I started the car I got the warning that the blind spot sensors need service.
I had the same problem recently. Took the car in and they said it was a software update issue, but I also had a water leak and I am not convinced the two are unrelated. Still waiting to see what happens. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same problem recently. Took the car in and they said it was a software update issue, but I also had a water leak and I am not convinced the two are unrelated. Still waiting to see what happens. :thumbdown:
I will be taking in mine for service next week and will share what the dealr find/says.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've had the car for less than 2 weeks and it appears that I have gotten my first issue ?

I am receiving the following message in my console: "Blind spot sensor service required"

I've started and stopped the car a few times to see if it clears but to no avail. Also BLIS and CTA buttons are greyed out with a warning triangle icon.

Both mirrors look clear and clean. I was driving in stop and go traffic and someone was flying by and came close and the bliss blinked fast rapidly....that is all I can think of. It wasn't until 30min later for another trip the warning message came on.

I guess us xc90 owners won't be able to avoid visits to the dealer...

Has anyone have any knowledge of this error? Any advice or input would be appreciated.
Yes. I have had this issue. I removed and reseated the fuse for BLIS (in the cargo area) That fixed it. It probably would be the same result by temporarily removing one of the terminal wires from the 12V battery, but I didnt want to have the entire car reboot. Choosing the single fuse was just as easy, and probably faster too. Let us know if this fixes it for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes. I have had this issue. I removed and reseated the fuse for BLIS (in the cargo area) That fixed it. It probably would be the same result by temporarily removing one of the terminal wires from the 12V battery, but I didnt want to have the entire car reboot. Choosing the single fuse was just as easy, and probably faster too. Let us know if this fixes it for you.
Thanks for the tip. My problem fixed itself after a couple of days. No more messages...at least for now. I washed the car, so maybe that was the fix :).
My tip, wash your car, people!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts