SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the blind spot indicators of the loaner I have don’t beep when the red leds are on.
I would like to have both audio and visual warnings.
I went through the sound menu and did not have the option. Is audio alert available in Volvos?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nope. It’s only visual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 XC60 D5 Inscription w. Polestar tune
2011 XC60 D5 Summum

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Hi, the blind spot indicators of the loaner I have don’t beep when the red leds are on.
I would like to have both audio and visual warnings.
I went through the sound menu and did not have the option. Is audio alert available in Volvos?
Would be a good idea if Volvo allowed both, but Blind Spot is a visual only system. Lights up on Mirrors, nothing else.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lights only. I was told its to force you to still look and check your mirrors rather then turning on a turn signal and relying on an audible sound only

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would be a good idea if Volvo allowed both, but Blind Spot is a visual only system. Lights up on Mirrors, nothing else.
I cannot believe that Volvo being so safety oriented does not have an audio alert. Especially when everything is so configurable.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I cannot believe that Volvo being so safety oriented does not have an audio alert. Especially when everything is so configurable.
Make everything audible warning and your car becomes a music box.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The car is already a music box with the proximity sensors.
I complained a lot about this stupid silence warning (being so critical) at the beginning, now I forgot as it seems hopeless.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had a 2015.5 XC60 that had both visual when something was in my blind spot and visual+audio if I turned on the turn signal to turn into whatever was in the blind spot. It was great!

Volvo has been cutting corners trying to save cost in several areas. They usually make up some excuse after the fact. For the American market the poor excuses often start with “For your safety...”

Rant:
Notice how the cooled glove compartment in the XC60 T8 has the big hole for the cooling but nothing is connected?
Have you noticed how the nice rubber support around the cup holders have been now been replaced by cheap rattling pieces of spring loaded hard plastic?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Make everything audible warning and your car becomes a music box.
I would go nuts from the constant beeping if it went off every time someone was in my blind spot. I would think anyone who doesn't drive on deserted roads would find it annoying.

I can understand a desire to have it alert if you've activated that turn signal.

My big complaint on a lack of audio warning is when Pilot Assist drops off. It's not that I'm dozing off, but I'd like to know immediately especially if it's heading into a bit of a turn.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah that Pilot Assist throwing in the towel, silently, is super annoying. I know they expect you to pay attention and watch the road, but just cutting off with no warning is rude. At least give me a little chime telling me you can't read the stripes or weather conditions aren't ideal...something.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe that the HUD image of a green steering wheel is Volvos way of letting you know if pilot assist is active or not?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I had a 2015.5 XC60 that had both visual when something was in my blind spot and visual+audio if I turned on the turn signal to turn into whatever was in the blind spot. It was great!

Volvo has been cutting corners trying to save cost in several areas. They usually make up some excuse after the fact. For the American market the poor excuses often start with “For your safety...”

Rant:
Notice how the cooled glove compartment in the XC60 T8 has the big hole for the cooling but nothing is connected?
Have you noticed how the nice rubber support around the cup holders have been now been replaced by cheap rattling pieces of spring loaded hard plastic?
The one that irks me the most is the power fold down rear seats being deleted.

Sadly, decontenting is a $ saving strategy by most brands. Bmw is notorious for doing this.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Yeah that Pilot Assist throwing in the towel, silently, is super annoying. I know they expect you to pay attention and watch the road, but just cutting off with no warning is rude. At least give me a little chime telling me you can't read the stripes or weather conditions aren't ideal...something.
I know people want to do something else and be waken up by some ding-dong chimes. But it is not the time yet. Do your driving business first.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The one that irks me the most is the power fold down rear seats being deleted.

Sadly, decontenting is a $ saving strategy by most brands. Bmw is notorious for doing this.
Same here. I use this feature once or twice a week when I load up the car to go skiing. I’m long enough to reach into seat release, but tapping the button is so much quicker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts