SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got tired of buying a complete rear wiper arm and blade when only the blade needed to be replaced. Took a gamble on the Trico 47-700 trim to fit blades. They fit almost perfectly on my 07 V70. Maybe just a touch snug, but that's better than too loose. Paid $11 for two of them on Amazon. We'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
Has been established that my tail is alien, but it looks good!
Mine is older style. Must have been part of the repair. But it was either off a passion from an early car or the paint was done to an incredibly high standard. I have seen no over-spray anywhere.

Mine is this style:

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
Has been established that my tail is alien, but it looks good!
Mine is older style. Must have been part of the repair. But it was either off a passion from an early car or the paint was done to an incredibly high standard. I have seen no over-spray anywhere.
Arm is swappable.

Just be very careful.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Been meaning to find one of these for my XC! Thanks for letting me know they’re available to get, I’ll buy one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
But then it would have to have a reverse motor action, right? So how does that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yours may just be parking on the opposite side. I had to replace my wiper motor and used one from a 06 xc70.

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? Mine seems to work very well - all aspects.
I discovered last year that if I have the windshield wipers on and put it in reverse, the rear will turn on!
Yours may just be parking on the opposite side. I had to replace my wiper motor and used one from a 06 xc70.

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? Mine seems to work very well - all aspects.
I discovered last year that if I have the windshield wipers on and put it in reverse, the rear will turn on!
Yup that's called the "courtesy wipe" and be activated/deactivated in vida

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yup that's called the "courtesy wipe" and be activated/deactivated in vida
Hmm courtesy wipe...is this like a courtesy flush?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
314 Posts
HA!! I noticed it turn on sometimes when I first start the car with wipers on but never connected it in my head to Reverse!
Now I know!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sometimes my back wiper will move when I have the rain sensor action going on the front, and neither of the back switches engaged? 2001 v70

Also, I've got the old style too, where half the wiper is sticking out. Is there any way to fit another size of wiper (like PIAA etc), or are you severely limited to the wiper arm's crappy pre-installed clip?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts