SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2012 S80, the black "stop/start" button on the dash board has come loose, and will now fall out at times. (Just the black plastic button) Right now I have a piece of tape over it to keep it from landing on the floor. Works fine, except I would prefer to have the button in place. What does it take to replace the button? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
152 Posts
On my 2012 S80, the black "stop/start" button on the dash board has come loose, and will now fall out at times. (Just the black plastic button) Right now I have a piece of tape over it to keep it from landing on the floor. Works fine, except I would prefer to have the button in place. What does it take to replace the button? Thanks in advance!
I replaced the start/stop engine bezel on my 08 s80 which was a bit of a pain but from what I remember the whole mechanism unit pops out. You may want to try and see if you can try reinstall the black plastic that way. If not a new unit may be needed and from my understanding it will have to be programmed by the dealer brand new only.

Here’s the video I followed:

https://youtu.be/vTIqmZ163nw

Cheers,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
If the switch is broken then the whole unit will need to be replaced. The starter switch you reference and the key FOB sucker inner is on piece. Which means it will need to be flashed for your car by a dealer. Getting the switch in and out is not hard. Which is what is demonstrated in the bezel replacement video.

However, if the switch itself needs replaced it's about $200.00. The downside is that the switch has software in it and a new one will need to be coded to match your car. Otherwise you could buy one out of a junkyard with a key and stick it in any car you want.

My automated key sucker inner has been acting up. It's stripped out. I wanted to replace it and can do it myself, but have dealt with it because of the flashing cost. An independent shop quoted me a $1000.00 for a new switch, installation, and flashing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts