SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I like it a lot. Those wheels look nice on the R. and to me - stock Pegs are some of the best looking OEM wheels out there....so for me to like something other than pegs....is odd.

I like 'em!

are those 18s or 19s?

they kind of look like the Tethys wheel, but those were only 17s...

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Re: Black S60R on OZ Superturismo (024tnfi)

That looks sharp! Very GT like. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts

Those look nice...I have a set sitting in my apt...can't wait to throw them on as soon as the weather cooperates...

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
I guess I see differently...I much prefer the 18" ti-gray pegs over these; those make the car look too "ghetto" for a Volvo

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (phuz)

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
I guess I see differently...I much prefer the 18" ti-gray pegs over these; those make the car look too "ghetto" for a Volvo

Wow, like em or not I can't see how those wheels would ever say "ghetto"!?

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
well, maybe i am biased with seeing tons of puerto-rican ricers with that similar multi-spoke design

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
I love the drop and considered doing it to my R when it arrives, but I have heard some stories of it screwing up the SUM of the Four-C, and I dont want to have any trouble in the winter being too low to the ground. After all, that is one of the reasons I got AWD.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Excellent http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Very tastefull and not ghetto at all IMHO.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »

Wow, like em or not I can't see how those wheels would ever say "ghetto"!?
I agree. I'm 61, certainly I don't have "ghetto" taste but I like those rims
A good looking wheel is a good looking wheel, period

·
Super Moderator
14,834 Posts
Sorry if I offended anyone...I should have kept my mouth shut and just said I don't care for them as much as I do the pegs

·
Registered
470 Posts

Sweet! I bought those rims from Oscar @ the Tirerack in January! (with Goodyear F1's)
I just haven't put them on yet because of still being in the "winter season".
Although this has been a particularly silly season (80's in freakin' March
)
Nice to see I made a great choice.
I will post pics when I finally swap wheels so everyone can see how they look with Titanium and IPD springs.
(if anyone cares, that is)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

I don't care what state you're in, those are hawt!

Million spoke rims look good on just about anything, but are usually a PITA to clean when paired with European brake pads

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Black S60R on OZ Superturismo (Quick Brick)

Quote, originally posted by Quick Brick »
I don't care what state you're in, those are hawt!

Million spoke rims look good on just about anything, but are usually a PITA to clean when paired with European brake pads
That's why you give the neighborhood kid a buck or two every other day to clean them!

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
I like it a lot. Those wheels look nice on the R. and to me - stock Pegs are some of the best looking OEM wheels out there....so for me to like something other than pegs....is odd

What is also good that no one has mentioned besides that the fact they look hot is they are pretty lightweight (21lbs I think), and only $279. Saving 7 lbs of rotating/unsprung mass per wheel will make NOTICEABLE improvement in performance and handling.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Wow, those are some of the best looking rims on the R. Nothing better than when form and function come together. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts