SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped to black exterior mirror covers? I had a set from my 2016 XC90 but the 90-series XC vehicles have a slightly different shape with an indentation and shorter turn signal lens.

The two P/Ns I have for black covers - 39849786 and 39849800 I want to see if anyone has ordered these specific P/Ns and if they fit on Inscription models.

Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just get yours wrapped? cheap, reversible, choose any type of black (matte, gloss etc.)
This was my thought too. I don't know price for wrap vs replacement covers in black color, though. I've been mesmerized by some of the complete car wrap vids on u-toob.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just get yours wrapped? cheap, reversible, choose any type of black (matte, gloss etc.)
I attempted to wrap the XC90 covers without success. The S90 might be a bit easier. The contours on these mirrors are challenging to wrap.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi there! Just saw your IG post. The car looks good. You might want to check out CK Wraps on YouTube. Often he will wrap the mirrors in two pieces. Obviously not ideal but the seam is pretty transparent.

Did you do the chrome window trim wrap yourself? It looks great. Still trying to decide on how to wrap the front grill or switch to the Momentum grill. I bought some 2” Avery wrap and the necessary tools and getting the courage to do my XC90 window trim, roof rack, sides, front, etc, etc soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The mirror covers were a 2 min swap vs a couple hours, uncertainty and frustration. :)

I am thinking about wrapping the grille today. I may try a large single piece cut like an oval to match the grille shape, maybe 2-4 inches wide and work it with a heat gun. Hopefully it can be done without removing the grille.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks. The mirror covers were a 2 min swap vs a couple hours, uncertainty and frustration. :)

I am thinking about wrapping the grille today. I may try a large single piece cut like an oval to match the grille shape, maybe 2-4 inches wide and work it with a heat gun. Hopefully it can be done without removing the grille.
Mirrors look good, kudos!

I looked into removing the grille but it doesn't seem doable without removing the bumper cover, I removed the first two covers just to find out I couldn't see the outer grille yet (screws or clips), there is another actuated grille that would have to come out first. Let us know how that project goes because I want to wrap my grille too.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Let us know how that project goes because I want to wrap my grille too.
+1 for that. Work in progress or a video would be great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
142 Posts

Hi Chris, I found instructions online that indicate one needs to remove the mirror first and then the cap. Did you have to do this? Removing the mirror sounds complicated and not sure I want to try it, however If you didn’t have to do it that would be greatly to know. Any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks. (Btw I have a SPA XC90 but I imagine the side mirrors are pretty much identical)

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum (Advanced & Climate Pkg/HK Sound) - Bright Silver/Charcoal Leather
142 Posts
Hi Chris, I found instructions online that indicate one needs to remove the mirror first and then the cap. Did you have to do this? Removing the mirror sounds complicated and not sure I want to try it, however If you didn’t have to do it that would be greatly to know. Any tips would be really appreciated. Thanks. (Btw I have a SPA XC90 but I imagine the side mirrors are pretty much identical)
I just found this vid on YouTube and it says it all. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts