SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Black mesh grill INSTALLED - PICS

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  turboale 
#1 ·
Ok here ya go... and a couple days earlier than I figured. Now it's off to NHRA Spring Nationals and we might even take the R
instead of the Eurovan (kid mobile)

click hereand go to whats new link

to see more pics of this

See less See more
#2 ·
The grill looks great....I'm still waiting for the silver one (think it would look better on my Bright Red 855 R Wagon). I was also thinking of a badge for the grill. Maybe the silver "R" at the lower drivers side corner???

Later,

Tom
midlman@seanet.com 97R wagon in Bright A$$ red.

#3 ·
850RWagon-

On your website you metioned about emblems or badges to put on the the grille. I have some ideas besides the motorsports flag or the R. Take the cross piece from the original grill and put it over top the mesh.

For ricerockets the stock emblem is never good enough. So they come in all colors- red, yellow, blue, gray, white ,and carbonfiber. About a year ago thay came out with backlit ones that glow when the parking lights are on. I thought this was very cool and made one for my car. Today I finaly had enough incentive to take a pic of my grille and backlit emblem. (My camera is crappy hi-8 then I inported the video and grabed a frame in adobe. Hey I'm 18 with no job, I can't afford a digital camera.) Then I took your pic (hope that ok with you) and put the crossbar with backlit emblem on it.

I will take a picture of my car tonight so you can get the full effect of the backlit part.

Utill then here are links to my daytime shots

PIC 1 Lights off
PIC 2 Parking lights/Emblem/City lights on
PIC 3 Same but zoom on grille
PIC 4 Same but zoom on emblem

#4 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 745TRBOBRK:
I have some ideas besides the motorsports flag or the R. Take the cross piece from the original grill and put it over top the mesh.
Hey that is pretty slick - nice job. I'm gonna order up an IPD "R" to see what that will look like down in the lower right as you face the car.

I'll probably wind up having three things on there in the next three months and finally settle on one.

#5 ·
I thought I would metion one more thing. If you get the motorsports flag there are two different versions. The original that Volvo put on their T5-R and the copy that iPD sells. A post back in january said that the one from iPD was made out of a softer plastic and was not as good as the origial.

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 745TRBOBRK:
I thought I would metion one more thing. If you get the motorsports flag there are two different versions. The original that Volvo put on their T5-R and the copy that iPD sells. A post back in january said that the one from iPD was made out of a softer plastic and was not as good as the origial.
thanks - I'll order a stiffy from the dealer. How do you think the motorsport emblem would look next to the R?

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 850Rwagon:
the motorsport emblem next to the R?
Well with a little fiddleing around with Paint Shop Pro I think that it would look good to have them next to each other since they both slope to the right the same.

I made up a whole bunch of combinations of things

Grill with Crossbar

Grill with motorsport flag and R

Grill with Crossbar & motorsports flag & R

I sort of like them all...Good thing it isn't my decision because I would never decide.

[This message has been edited by 745TRBOBRK (edited 05-20-2001).]

#11 ·
city lights.... Mmmmmmmm

I had them on my VW's and was thinking about the R getting some soon. I also had those hella Yellow Star H4's for high/lo and liked the yellowish tinted light.

I think I'm going to skip the slash altogether, I just don't care for it. Screw tradition I just want it to look mean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.