SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an Inscription trim XC90 and prefer the black grill found on other XC90.
When ordering the Dealer stated I could not mix and match. I would like it to install it but I am having difficulty finding the part and the Dealer's part catalog has not updated with it yet.
Anybody on here have information on this or know where I may purchase the grill?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Any dealer can order spare parts, a grill can be easily damaged.

Why don't you try to swap with a Momentum grill on eBay or so?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah interestingly I emailed steingold about this and first they said yeah sure, we will get the part # and put it online tomorrow. Next day they emailed saying due to "multiple parts" or something, they wouldn't be able to help me.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've replace my grill on my XC90I once, and I do remember you can't simply buy a grill as a complete assembly.
The grid part, the chrome outline, the two chrome diagonal lines and the Volvo logo, all are individual parts. The guys had fun to figure it out.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any dealer can order spare parts
indeed, while this is the case for most vehicles the 2016+ is too new and the collision parts catalog has not been updated or created yet. two dealers in my area do not have any data for me or part numbers. simply asked i check back at a later date once systems are updated.

Why don't you try to swap with a Momentum grill on eBay or so?
nothing has shown up as of yet on ebay... if someone on here would like to swap that definitely is an option.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Plastidip?
+1 or just paint it or ask the dealer to do it professionally. No need to buy new one really unless they charge you more than what new one would cost.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts