SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm curious about suspension upgrades as well. I'm thinking that my xc needs a suspension refresh, it has 106,000miles now. Curious to know what other have gone with?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Me too. Spring seats or some part of the spring/strut are going bad and want to freshen it up with something cushy but controlled.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Get the sash oem from fcpeuro 235 shipped both with the cupon, dont see why spent $800 for shocks. Check all the bushings strut monts and shocks. If you replace all of them your suspension will be like new again. I did a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
2005 XC90 V8, IPD sways and endlinks, currently shod with Pirelli Scorpion Verde
534 Posts
After our recent wreck, I took the opportunity to beef up the front end. I added the IPD upper spring seats - more robust than the stock. Service manager at indy said that they replace a lot of the oem due to wear.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Fcpeuro.com has 15% off, and free shipping

·
Registered
327 Posts
I read the Bilstein HD are very good though I've not personally tried it.
I haven't decided if I should stick to Stock shocks or go for Bilstein HD for the xc90.

Currently even with the Stock shocks with upgraded Endlinks, front and rear upgraded Anti-roll bars, front strut and bottom H-body brace handling has improved significantly .... and still very comfortable too on my 20" wheels. So I guess a balance must be striked somewhere in between comfort and handling.

So far I've managed to keep up with X6M, 1M, M3, SLKs, Maseratis etc (...and at times overtook) on a long holiday drive and I must say the XC90 V8 with stock suspension and the added handling mentioned above performed well long and winding roads. Yeah wished I had brought my S60R instead but with the family and kids, the XC90 was the best option for everyones travel enjoyment :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Bilsteins are great. Don't even consider OEM. Seriously.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I read the Bilstein HD are very good though I've not personally tried it.
I haven't decided if I should stick to Stock shocks or go for Bilstein HD for the xc90.

Currently even with the Stock shocks with upgraded Endlinks, front and rear upgraded Anti-roll bars, front strut and bottom H-body brace handling has improved significantly .... and still very comfortable too on my 20" wheels. So I guess a balance must be striked somewhere in between comfort and handling.
I've got a similar setup in the summer on 20's and no issues at all with ride quality. now I'm wondering if the V8 sport shocks would be a direct swap and forego the cost of the Bilsteins...

anyone know if they are a direct swap?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm upgrading the sway bars and endlinks to IPD this coming weeks. 20" wheels and tires with orange electronic TPMS the week after. I'm also curious about the Bilsteins as I had a set of them on my Cummins. Might consider this upgrade if the XC90 crowd approves.

Bilsteins are great. Don't even consider OEM. Seriously.
Care to elaborate? What did you notice that was different, pros/cons?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts