SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place were i can buy a new speed or billet grill for the 2001 S60 T5????
Thanks for help

Spencer

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Sorry, don't mean to sound dumb...but what is a 'SPEED' grill? I know MS Design has some grill, but not sure if it's a SPEED kind. I know what a billet one is like, like those people they put on their chevy trucks, right?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Sorry, don't mean to sound dumb...but what is a 'SPEED' grill? I know MS Design has some grill, but not sure if it's a SPEED kind. I know what a billet one is like, like those people they put on their chevy trucks, right?
It seems the SAM grill add's another 10 HP at least.
How much does your grill do Kai?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Johann:
It seems the SAM grill add's another 10 HP at least.
How much does your grill do Kai?
LOL...ouch~ Well, mine made the car more aerodynamic, thus creating close to 20 hp increase.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

LOL...ouch~ Well, mine made the car more aerodynamic, thus creating close to 20 hp increase.
You gotta be kidding me, huh? It's not like Volvo's grill is a paradigm of aerodynamics but I do not think that it is an example of...obstruction...how can a grill give you that much HP???????????????????

Yannis

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

You gotta be kidding me, huh? It's not like Volvo's grill is a paradigm of aerodynamics but I do not think that it is an example of...obstruction...how can a grill give you that much HP???????????????????

Yannis

Puahaha....ROTFLMAO~~!!!

Yannis, you are good. Don't tell me you didn't pick that one up.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Gotballs:
Which brings me back to my original question were can u purchase these grills?

~spencer
Which one? Billet? I doubt that style will ever make it for the Volvo market, more or less a dometic car trend. Speed grill..you still haven't told us what they are.

Only grille on the market I know of is the MS Design one, which IPD should be carrying them soon if they have not started doing that for the 60 series.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Which one? Billet? I doubt that style will ever make it for the Volvo market, more or less a dometic car trend. Speed grill..you still haven't told us what they are.

Only grille on the market I know of is the MS Design one, which IPD should be carrying them soon if they have not started doing that for the 60 series.

Rumor has it that the XC90 grill will create a special magnetic field which will deflect small (smaller than 1.5 inches in diameter)
debris to the side so that they don't chip the hood.

Yannis

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

Rumor has it that the XC90 grill will create a special magnetic field which will deflect small (smaller than 1.5 inches in diameter)
debris to the side so that they don't chip the hood.
Wow~!! Now, that's high tech. Hopefully no one will bash on this topic now.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Come on guys, lets try to be helpful.

ipd should be getting the MS Design parts in soon, so you might want to contact them.

This is what the MS Design grill looks like. Pretty similar IMHO to the S.A.M. one, and I am sure they can be painted any color you like.

S.A.M. Steffansson does ship parts to the US. The price for the grill is about $175 USD, excluding VAT, and shipping.

You can email them at:

[email protected]

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 03-05-2002).]

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Come on guys, lets try to be helpful.

This is what the MS Design grill looks like. Pretty similar IMHO to the S.A.M. one, and I am sure they can be painted any color you like.
Hehehe...we are always helpful.

I think SAM is also getting the same grille from MS Design. Just like Heico...but they all like to make it sound like THEY designed themselves.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just thought i would drop an update, i called ipd about the ms sport grill and they said that they should have them in within the month.

~Spencer~

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Guys. Can anyone tell me were to order that grill from on the MS Design S60. Like if you guys no the price or were i can call that would be a great help. One More thing. how the heak does a grill add horsepower to ur cars. I think u guys are mistakin or somethign. See Ya

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by WiseGuyVolvoS60:
Hey Guys. Can anyone tell me were to order that grill from on the MS Design S60. Like if you guys no the price or were i can call that would be a great help. One More thing. how the heak does a grill add horsepower to ur cars. I think u guys are mistakin or somethign. See Ya
Hey...How to you manage to be such a perfect speller? Amazing!

Yannis

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by WiseGuyVolvoS60:
One More thing. how the heak does a grill add horsepower to ur cars. I think u guys are mistakin or somethign. See Ya
Wow, you are seriously not getting it, eh?

In that case...hmm...we'll....nevermind.

LoL...am I bitter tonight?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.