SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ufy (our MY 18 V90) is encouraging me to learn Swedish. The above now displays on the center screen instead of Bill’s Verizon IPhone.

I am suitably amused.

Wonder what Ufy will come up with next? :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had my car read something in swedish after I picked it up from the dealer. Sadly when I tried recording it, it never tried again. I wish we could change the voices to have swedish accents.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had my car read something in swedish after I picked it up from the dealer. Sadly when I tried recording it, it never tried again. I wish we could change the voices to have swedish accents.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
A friend many years ago had a nav system that used John Cleese as the speaker, that’s the one I’d like.

The voice nav in my daughter’s Honda has been dubbed as “Natalie” by our granddaughter. My car’s voice is named “Ingela” in honor of my primary care doctor. Ingela has never led me astray...lol. A Swedish accent would be perfect!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think Ufy (our MY 18 V90) is encouraging me to learn Swedish. The above now displays on the center screen instead of Bill’s Verizon IPhone.

I am suitably amused.

As a swede, "kukohikkmukkukiPhonem" actually looks like Finnish (those guys are really fond of double k in words which I don't believe any word in Swedish has). Did a quick google translate:

Finnish: "kukohikkmukkuk iPhonem"
English: "Iphone for Iphone"

:D

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As a swede, "kukohikkmukkukiPhonem" actually looks like Finnish (those guys are really fond of double k in words which I don't believe any word in Swedish has). Did a quick google translate:

Finnish: "kukohikkmukkuk iPhonem"
English: "Iphone for Iphone"

But, but...I’ve never been to Finland! :whistle:

Perhaps someone at the FDC snuck Ufy out of the lot one weekend and drove up there? The plot thickens!

Thanks for assisting with the puzzle!

Cheers!:D

·
Registered
282 Posts

I am suitably amused.

I'd start to be concerned when it posts in Chinese.

A friend many years ago had a nav system that used John Cleese as the speaker, that’s the one I’d like.

The voice nav in my daughter’s Honda has been dubbed as “Natalie” by our granddaughter. My car’s voice is named “Ingela” in honor of my primary care doctor. Ingela has never led me astray...lol. A Swedish accent would be perfect!
There's now a 'gender neutral' automated voice dubbed 'Q'. Developers created an amalgamation of voices by those who identified as male, female, transgender and non-binary. Still, I'd personally prefer to have Cleese telling me that I missed my turn with the same tone he used when informing the pet shopkeeper that his parrot 'is no more'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts