SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new s60 AWD. I want to use a trailer hitch mounted bike carrier like this one due to keeping the bike away from the paint/car:
http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/Bike_Rack/product_86601.shtml

Has anyone had a trailer hitch installed?
Has anyone had any experience with other bike racks (dealer options or not) they would recommend?

I used to have a 99 Galant LS and a very simple bike rack, the back bumper got scraped severely from my bike's disc brakes. Also melted a tire from hanging near the exaust one trip. I would like to never do these things again...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
You should check out the S60 roof mounted bike rack. It fits into a bracket that already exists in your rain gutters. The rack never touches any paint. You can then buy Thule, or (with special mounts) Yakima accessories to cary anything.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I wanted to do the same exact thing!

The problem is the Volvo Trailer Hitch is round, while all of the bike racks I have found are square.

·
Premium Member
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by ChicagoT5:

The problem is the Volvo Trailer Hitch is round, while all of the bike racks I have found are square.

Nope! Volvo's new trailer hitches have a square tip so that they can be compatible with the bike racks!

Yannis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.