SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a euro spec 240 wagon, not that i think much is different from the us version. thule or yakima? factory roof rack mount or rain gutter mount? i don't actually see a roof rack mount for the "factory" rack on either site but hey, maybe i'm an idiot. i have a yak rack on my passat and the yak site says the q clips will fit my 240 (i have a set on my passat now). curious if any folks here have racks on their 240's and what issues, problems have you had? i'm leaning toward yakima if the q clips work as all i have to do is buy longer bars.

thanks in advance.

kev

·
Registered
467 Posts
Re: bike rack recommendations (EU240W(US))

Bike rack for a wagon? Your seats not fold down? I can easily slide my mountain bike in and out of my wagon, and, if the front wheel is removed, I stacked 3 road bikes side by side. Unless you are looking to carry bikes and more than 2 people, I would say no rack is neccessary.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: bike rack recommendations (MenardVolvo)

if it's just mine, i lay her down but it takes up a lot of space. i coach soccer as well. plus, i'm joing a mtb club in brussels and starting one at the nato base i work at and imagine that there will be a need for 2+ adults to ride in the car. especially to the world cup mtb race in spa-francorchamps.

maybe i can get mtv europe to pimp my ride for me and make the ultimate mtb carrier. there is so much room in the engine bay. i'd like to see a nice big turbo diesel stuffed in it. anyway, under further inspection and after clearing my brain of network security issues (my job), i found that thule makes a rack mounted, low profile system. but i still want to know if people prefer a thule over a yakima or vice versa.

kev

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: bike rack recommendations (EU240W(US))

Go with the Yakima Raingutters if you already have a Yakima system. You should be able to find a set of the Raingutters used for much less than Q clips new. I actually found my set mounted on round bars lying next to a dumpster - Raingutter towers don't fit many if any late model cars. Also, there is less contact to your car's finish with Raingutters as opposed to the Q mounts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts