SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions for a trunk mount bike rack for my 2013 S60?

I have a the Yakima Mighty Joe, which worked fine for my previous ride, a VW Passat 2001. The problem in trying to mount the Yakoima on my S60, is that there is not enough space for the front strap hooks that mount at the front part of the trunk lid (closest to the rear window). The glass of the rear window extends past the lip of the trunk lid, into the trunk space, with very little clearance between the glass and the lip of the trunk lid. This will probably be a problem with most, if not all trunk mounted bike racks.

Are my options a roof rack,or something that mounts to a trailer hitch?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Looks like most people are going with a trailer hitch type rack. I personally have no experience with them since I just fold the seats and put the bike in the trunk.
I had a trunk mount rack in the past and I found it to be too cumbersome and not sturdy enough.
INMO the trailer type racks look a bit too bulky but are more practical and sturdy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally have no experience with them since I just fold the seats and put the bike in the trunk.
I am able to get my bike in the trunk by folded my back seats and removing the front wheel. I also have to remove one of the pedals, as I have the spare tire mounting kit installed, which elevates the floor. If I didn't have to remove the pedal, I'd be OK with putting the bike in the trunk.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have Yakima Super Joe 2 and Yakima King Joe 2 and been using either for 3 years. No problems whatsoever and either fits well.

n

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Boxster S. 2021 s60 T8 Polestar Engineered
153 Posts
I am able to get my bike in the trunk by folded my back seats and removing the front wheel. I also have to remove one of the pedals, as I have the spare tire mounting kit installed, which elevates the floor. If I didn't have to remove the pedal, I'd be OK with putting the bike in the trunk.
Wait, the seats fold ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts