SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas:<p> <p>It's time. Time to have a meet to rival any of the other large ones that we hear talk of. We are a large crew and this should be very doable. Last time we had a good turn out when the Florida guys showed up. It is time to do this again. I want the Florida crew to step up like they did last time, but I am expecting everyone from Georgia to make to one of the two days. No friggin excuses. Let's make it huge.<p> <p>For those of you on my e-mail list (and if you live in the SE and aren't, why? <A HREF="http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=21844&hl=atlanta" TARGET="_blank">CLICK ME</A>) you know ahead of time some of the ideas. This is the final decision on what to do. Thank you to the guys who offered input and helped to get the meet planned. We still have some work to do.<p> <p>I will have multiple sign up lists. One for each part of the meet (Saturday day, Saturday night, Sunday day). One for those who are going to Dyno (if you sign up you have to show up and show up on friggin time). One for food for the cookout on Sunday (see below). One for local guys who can offer a bed to out-of-towners. One for guys who need a bed to stay. Gas is expensive I know. I think the Georgia crew needs to step up and try to limit the expenses for the out-of-towners.<p> <p><b>THE MEET DETAILS</b><p><b>Saturday Day</b><p>We are going to have another Dyno day. <A HREF="http://www.batlground.com/" TARGET="_blank">Batlground</A> graciously hosted our previous dyno day and is willing to do the same for us again. We need at least 10 guys to Dyno. The cost is $35 for three pulls with Air-Fuel. You MUST remove your radiator shroud BEFORE getting on the dyno. Now Batlground is not normally open on Saturdays, but is willing to host us. We need at least 10 guys to make it worth their while.<p> <p>If we get 10-15 guys then we will start at 12:00noon sharp. If we have more than 15, then Batlground will start us at 10:00AM.<p> <p>We had a great time before. The dyno is cool and there should be plenty of cars to look out. Of the Volvo and NON-Volvo variety. We had a great time before and ordered pizzas in. We will probably do much the same thing this time, although that has not been completely decided.<p> <p>Signup List #1 --> I am coming to the meet on Saturday day<p>1. Larry Overn (larryo108)<p>2. Michael Kelly (Boosted S60R)<p> <p>Signup List #2 --> I am going to dyno my car. No bull poop guys. If you sign up be there early and be there reaady with your money. Let's not jerk these guys around.<p>1. Michael Kelly (Boosted S60R)<p> <p><b>S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night</b> <--You BeeGees and Ned's Atomic Dustbin fans will get this. For the record I like Ned's, NOT the BeeGees<p>I was planning to do this kind of on the fly. We have plenty of options. There is a <A HREF="http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/Default.aspx?Loc=0004" TARGET="_blank">Dave & Buster's</A> nearby that offers food and gaming. UNfortunately, I think after 9 on Satruday nights, you have to be 18 or 21, so this may not work for the youngin' crew. We could go to <A HREF="http://andrettikarting.com/" TARGET="_blank">Andretti's</A>, not far away, and do some karting. They have a Fuddruckers inside. Or we could just find a dive bowling alley and do some bowling. If you have input please feel free to provide it.<p> <p>Signup List #3 --> I am coming to hang on Saturday night<p>1. Larry Overn (larryo108)<p>2. Michael Kelly (Boosted S60R)<p> <p>Signup List #4 --> I am part of the Georgia crew and have room for out-of-towners.<p>1. Larry Overn (larryo108) - 2 rooms already taken up. Sorry.<p>2.<p> <p>Signup List #5 --> I am an Out-of-towner and need a place to stay<p>1.<p> <p><b>Sunday Day</b><p>Sunday we are going to have a cookout at a local member's house. We have done this before and it turned out fairly well. The meet will be at Josh's place in Auburn, Georgia. Directions will be provided to those who plan to come for Sunday. Josh has a grill, but we need to get the food to cook on it. My thought was that the Georgia crew would host this, i.e. supply ALL the food and beverages.<p> <p>Signup List #6 --> I am coming to hang out on Sunday day<p>1. Larry Overn (larryo108)<p>2. Michael Kelly (Boosted S60R)<p> <p>Signup List #7 --> I am part of the GEORGIA crew and I plan to bring... Please indicate who you are and what you are bringing. We are going to need burgers, dogs, brats, buns, chips, soda, etc, etc<p>1. Larry Overn (larryo108) - Brats and beer to boil them in<p>2.<p> <p>Alright guys. That's it. If I forgot anything please let me know and I will edit this post. Thanks. Hope to see you all there.<p> The dates are Aug the 19th and 20th.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by BOOSTED S60R at 8:21 AM 7-27-2006</i>

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Big Volvo meet in Atlanta (BOOSTED S60R)

Also there will be a 400 plus whp S60R attending the dyno day.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Mentions Sat and/or Sun. <br>WHICH Sat or Sun? If it's in the next 2 weeks, then I can probably make it. If later than that, then work starts back and I'm out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts