SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
When using a gtx you have to attach a ewg to the exhaust housing or use the Oeg housing that doesn’t flow like the efr turbos and fab either a dump or recirc it into the downpipe. Also the inlet of the turbo is much larger than the efr 7163 so the snabb inlet pipe won’t work. As well as the efr uses a cbv so you don’t have to source a recirc bov and weld it to the charge piping.

The zona rotor should compare to the Garrett g30-900

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The point about the EFR WG is a strong one. The GTX I installed had an IWG, so we didn’t have all the extra pluming.

The EFR is hard to beat in a full trade-off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
814 Posts
The point about the EFR WG is a strong one. The GTX I installed had an IWG, so we didn’t have all the extra pluming.

The EFR is hard to beat in a full trade-off.

Great turbo, great numbers and great performance. Agreed though, if you are looking for bigger whp numbers then you had better get a hold of a good fab guy and a good tuner.

Sent from my ECU

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would say that s60rr is the only one who finishes his tunes to the end. I don't have any experiences from hilton but i've heard that he is hard to reach. With gustav is same thing. Very hard to reach and tunes remains at 80-90% and you wont get any revisions after that because lack of communication. It's very sad but what can you do.

·
Registered
'05 V70 2.5T M56 FWD Ruby Red (454-46)
22 Posts
I have experience with Gustav and what is written above is true. If he writes back once a month it is a success :) Now I understand why some people switched to s60rr. I am wondering about it myself when I will install a larger turbo.

Best regards from Poland, Matt

Wysłane z mojego SM-S906B przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Lets Go Brandon ftw lol.

Reactions: bhalme

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Does an EFR 7163 pare well with a stock exhaust manifold (i.e. Japanifold) ? At what point in the large turbo end of things is a custom exhaust header warranted?
I shared a Volvo T3 to V-band adaptor design with the community a few years ago (you can dubs it in one of my build threads) that enables easy use of the EFR v-band inlet option. It works great and many have used it. I think Ben may produce them for sale.

Added link to the thread

Reactions: CKAVolvo

·
Registered
814 Posts
Does an EFR 7163 pare well with a stock exhaust manifold (i.e. Japanifold) ? At what point in the large turbo end of things is a custom exhaust header warranted?
I'm pretty sure I have maxed out airflow on both the 7163 and the G25-660 on the stock R manifold (not japanifold) ~500whp. Neal or Brandon can jump in as they have seen a bunch more log data that I have, but I know that the G25-660 was flowing at 58lbs which is the upper limit on the compressor map.
I'm not sure at what point the red devil went full loco, but maybe Travis can jump in also.

Sent from my ECU

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have maxed out airflow on both the 7163 and the G25-660 on the stock R manifold (not japanifold) ~500whp. Neal or Brandon can jump in as they have seen a bunch more log data that I have, but I know that the G25-660 was flowing at 58lbs which is the upper limit on the compressor map.
I'm not sure at what point the red devil went full loco, but maybe Travis can jump in also.

Sent from my ECU
I stopped there because we were at theoretical max for the turbo and my fuel system was maxed out. Gustav & I had over 50 tune revisions on the car and we’re optimizing the tune with water / methanol tuning tables, so we called it done.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts