SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just trying to gauge interest... I'm currently exchanging e-mails with http://www.bira.org about the possibility of getting big brake kits for us. Please check out their website (too long for me to explain here). Anyways, I was thinking we can use the 320mm rotor from Volvo and slap on a Porsche caliper. That way we can retain factory rotors and factory pads (well Porsche that is). The only thing that needs investigating is the caliper and clearance of course. Since the calipers and rotors are off-the-shelf components it would be cheaper than the full kit. However, the mounting bracket would require a lot of research and would require 10 people to commit. I'm in on that (I like the look of a porsche caliper peeking out
I'm also talking to precision brakes company (www.precisionbrakescompany.com) about the possibility of having them create a 13" upgrade kit for us. The cost would be around $1100. They said we would be using the combination "B" kit.

Voice your opinions please. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: big brake kit possibility (fhdt5r)

The cheaper kit from Eurosport? How much is that going to run? The one they are selling now are the AP kits which is $2.6K. That's way too much for me. I'm currently looking up part numbers and prices but I'm hoping that I could get it down to around $1K or so. Precision brakes can provide us with a kit for $1.1K but I'm a little hesitant about the caliper.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Re: big brake kit possibility (mike_c70)

I'm actually hoping and search some company that would make a 350mm kit with even larger calipers. Anyone got any idea how we can go about doing this?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: big brake kit possibility (The_one_n_only)

Just order the Brembo 355 MM kit.
You only need the centre dish and a bracket for the calliper, it's really not that difficult to fabricate.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: big brake kit possibility (The_one_n_only)

You know, I opened another discussion about the possibility of other car companies having the same 5 X 108 bolt pattern. Someone (I forget who) said that Jaguar has the same bolt pattern (Ford?). Anyways, I'm going to check it out at the dealer (and get prices for porsche calipers as well). But if the jaugar one fits, JACKPOT!!! You can put on the S-Type R brakes on there... 14.3" = 363mm

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: big brake kit possibility (Johann)

quote:

Just order the Brembo 355 MM kit.
You only need the centre dish and a bracket for the calliper, it's really not that difficult to fabricate.
Johann, my main roadblock right now is the caliper bracket. How hard is it fabrciate one? What is required? I have a few companies that are willing to research big brake kits for the volvo but all require a spindle from me. What is needed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts