SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: (Nebor)

Quote, originally posted by Nebor »
Downpipes, catback exhaust and ECU should put you around 350hp. Will be a highway monster, and destroy the transmission in no time.

nebor: trasmission holds upfine with plenty of agressive driving
one problem with the transmission is that there a darn few options to choose from. although the are two companies that do upgrades to your orginal tranny; should you have the time/effort to do it: level10.com and transmissioncenter.net. personally i would like to get a spare engine and do the whole thing outside the chassis. once finished an engine drop in would be easier than doing all the work in situ.

OP: there are plenty of mods, you just have to search beyond the obvious places. and they won't be cheap and plentiful like 850/P1's - but it will be a much better car in the end.

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:42 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:43 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:45 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 7:42 PM 5-7-2006

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
I believe in modding... my complaint is that there are not many options and the options that are available are overpriced... ie the ecu upgrade is roughly $700 more than a BMW's. I dont want my car to look like a civic with a spoiler that is closer to God than Benny Hinn. I just want options that are within my price range..... maybe I have no room to complain.... at least you can get chrome mirror caps for your s80 tim :-(

although i use IPD ecu. i am trying to help RICA get a preoduct that is both cheaper and has the ability to do some end user mods.

spoilerdepot.com make a spoiler that is very low, and look pretty nice. they don't even block rear view so you can see!!!

Pegasus wheel look pretty good on the S80. i use 17x8 since i was afraidd after the lowering and stuff i would have touble turning as the wheel protruded from the wheel well on the front during turns. i kept to a 255/50/17 wheel too keep the aspect ratio high enough to be still be comfortable on the roads out here. the stock Akkiris wheel will own by snowies for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts