SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEYOND FRUSTRATION WITH THE LACK OF MODS FOR THE s80!!!

This is ridiculous....modding out an s80 seems impossible! When you do find a mod (a decent one) say goodbye to a whole paycheck and PRAY.... why does it seem like the only affordable mod for an s80 is A K&N AIR FILTER!!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: (jajohnson)

They're not cheap cars and IMO, VERY few S80 owners want to do anything to it.

You can lower it with your choice of springs, tune the ecu, get some nice wheels, upgrade the exhaust from a few companies, get some new interior goodies...

What is it you want to do that you can't?

Tim

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe in modding... my complaint is that there are not many options and the options that are available are overpriced... ie the ecu upgrade is roughly $700 more than a BMW's. I dont want my car to look like a civic with a spoiler that is closer to God than Benny Hinn. I just want options that are within my price range..... maybe I have no room to complain.... at least you can get chrome mirror caps for your s80 tim :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: (Nebor)

Quote, originally posted by Nebor »
Downpipes, catback exhaust and ECU should put you around 350hp. Will be a highway monster, and destroy the transmission in no time.

nebor: trasmission holds upfine with plenty of agressive driving
one problem with the transmission is that there a darn few options to choose from. although the are two companies that do upgrades to your orginal tranny; should you have the time/effort to do it: level10.com and transmissioncenter.net. personally i would like to get a spare engine and do the whole thing outside the chassis. once finished an engine drop in would be easier than doing all the work in situ.

OP: there are plenty of mods, you just have to search beyond the obvious places. and they won't be cheap and plentiful like 850/P1's - but it will be a much better car in the end.

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:42 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:43 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 6:45 PM 5-7-2006

Modified by MRNUTTY at 7:42 PM 5-7-2006

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
I believe in modding... my complaint is that there are not many options and the options that are available are overpriced... ie the ecu upgrade is roughly $700 more than a BMW's. I dont want my car to look like a civic with a spoiler that is closer to God than Benny Hinn. I just want options that are within my price range..... maybe I have no room to complain.... at least you can get chrome mirror caps for your s80 tim :-(

although i use IPD ecu. i am trying to help RICA get a preoduct that is both cheaper and has the ability to do some end user mods.

spoilerdepot.com make a spoiler that is very low, and look pretty nice. they don't even block rear view so you can see!!!

Pegasus wheel look pretty good on the S80. i use 17x8 since i was afraidd after the lowering and stuff i would have touble turning as the wheel protruded from the wheel well on the front during turns. i kept to a 255/50/17 wheel too keep the aspect ratio high enough to be still be comfortable on the roads out here. the stock Akkiris wheel will own by snowies for now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: (Copeland)

Quote, originally posted by Copeland »
sky, how much did you pay for your painted spoiler?

http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Ca...5&idB=

about $250 for the unlighted version. there are enough brake lights on the back. the color and finish is excellent. the fit could be a tad better in the hole drilling process, but it's a nice job none the less. it was a whimsical purchase i suppose; but turned out ok.

btw if your headlight lenses are pitted you can get them replaced with lovely new ones. crystal clear headlights with 8500k lamps is very nice to look at. i just had both of mine done last week when one of my glassies cracked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts