SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tl;dr: unplug any Qi-based chargers when having keys programmed

My "sport" key was complaining about having a low battery so I took it in to get it replaced. You can't change the battery yourself because it is sealed (you know, waterproof and all). The service guys weren't able to get the new key programmed and Volvo theorized it was a bad key. They ordered another one and tried again the next day. Still couldn't get it to program. Not sure who had the idea but apparently someone thought that maybe the Qi-based phone mount was interfering. Sure enough, once they unplugged it they were able to program the key no problem.

Just thought I'd mention that in case someone else was having problems.
Cheers!

·
Registered
255 Posts
tl;dr: unplug any Qi-based chargers when having keys programmed

My "sport" key was complaining about having a low battery so I took it in to get it replaced. You can't change the battery yourself because it is sealed (you know, waterproof and all). The service guys weren't able to get the new key programmed and Volvo theorized it was a bad key. They ordered another one and tried again the next day. Still couldn't get it to program. Not sure who had the idea but apparently someone thought that maybe the Qi-based phone mount was interfering. Sure enough, once they unplugged it they were able to program the key no problem.

Just thought I'd mention that in case someone else was having problems.
Cheers!
Thanks for posting it here. I am sure this would be helpful for someone using Qi chargers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts