SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently saw a how-to video on Youtube on the volvosweden channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YFDpDk7gAw

My car is at 107k and I just finsihed the 105k service about a month ago. In my service and warranty (maintenance schedule) book, the only service my 2010 T6 requires for either fo these components is a visual inspection. I even asked my local Volvo service department about it, and was told that they haven't had any problems with the bevel gear or the rear-diff in a single 3.0 XC60, or very many other models for that matter, since 2004-2005. I was advised, once again, to leave it alone if it is running well and that Volvo doesn't recommend swapping the fluids, hence, no scheduled service requirement for oil changes in these components.

Still, those gears have 107k on them and it concerns me that NOT changing the fluid might lead to component failure down the road.

What does the XC60 community advise?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Volvo does not recommend changing transmission fluid either. "Sealed for life" We pretty much know that is simply not the case.

I just bought a 13 XC60 with 66K on it and will be changing the transmission, angle gear, and the Haldex as soon as I am able.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts