SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Why do the red tail light lines in my decade old designed XC60 look better?

I'm seriously confused.

It looks like something out of the early 2000s :facepalm:

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's not just the tail lights. The shape of the rear end has a wierd blockyness to it, and not in the classic "boxy" Volvo sense. The general aesthetic reminds me a little of the current Euro-spec Passat (except the Passat is cleaner...and I don't like that either).

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
Well, hopefully when I see it in person next month I won't be taken aback.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The lights really looked way better to me in the video reveal. If I was considering purchasing I don't think the lights would hold me back. Not saying they're fantastic just think irl they'll look fine.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
The shape of the rear end has a wierd blockyness to it, and not in the classic "boxy" Volvo sense. .
There is no such things as "classic boxy Volvo sense" any more.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I feel this angle does not do the back end any justice. I second that about the view in the video reveal. I'm sure they'll look great in person.

·
Registered
770 Posts
There is no such things as "classic boxy Volvo sense" any more.
Seriously? Of course there is. Past design language isn't erased from memory by new design language.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They can't get hold of a T8 V90 for now, so hands are of course free. Oh well, the new Pilot Assist allows 30 sec of hands free time...

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
:thumbdown: terrible looking. The V90 looks very very good, too bad we needed an SUV this go-round. Maybe add a polestar V90 just for fun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts