SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best wiper blade inserts available? Anything better than OEM?

What about windshield treatments (e.g. rain-x)...what are folks using that they love?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
What are the best wiper blade inserts available? Anything better than OEM?
The original set of OEM lasted about 3 years for me. Dealer replaced them for free, again OEM, but those crapped out only after a year. I put on a set of Bosch from Amazon. They don't say "Volvo" on them but they are every bit as good as OEM.

·
Registered
597 Posts
OEM blades and PPG Aquapel (lasts 6 months). Volvo actually sells it in Europe, rebranded, but for the other windows (have no idea why not the front).

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
IMHO, the PIAA blades are superior to OEM. I use them and Aquapel, which is also excellent. It is similar to Rainx but lasts for a year or more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I used to use the PIAA Super Silicones on my previous car; they were outstanding, but I always change blades at 6 month intervals anyway. Which PIAA have you been using? And are they the correct length to replace the Volvo's OEM blades? Some OEM blades are shorter or longer than the aftermarket blades, and aftermarket versions won't work properly, which is probably a ploy to get you to buy the OEM. My Mazda and Hondas had shorter blades than PIAA, which meant buying the entire assembly once and refills afterwards (that was OK as long as the blade didn't hit something when active or inactive or skip off the glass at the top of the blade's run).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts