SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new OEM Windshield Wipers from Ebay for my 2015.5 S60 and I didn't like them, they are making many marks just like a used ones, I didn't install them immediately after the purchase so I wasn't able to return them.
Any suggestions on the best wipers for S60? OEM or After Market?

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
What type of washer fluid do you use? I had a bad experience with the Rain-x orange stuff. It left a coating on my windshield that made any wiper blade streak. Could also be that your windshield is dirty or has some oil on it. I have had great luck with the OEM blades as well as the Bosch aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
What type of washer fluid do you use? I had a bad experience with the Rain-x orange stuff. It left a coating on my windshield that made any wiper blade streak. Could also be that your windshield is dirty or has some oil on it. I have had great luck with the OEM blades as well as the Bosch aftermarket ones.
That's funny, I love the Rain-X fluid! +1 on the Bosch recommendation. They might be the OEM producer, anyway.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealership during service filled my car washer fluid and I didn't fill since then, idk what they did put.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Another +1 to Bosch. I currently have the icon blades on and liked the evolutions on past cars. I also use rain X fluid usually outside of dealer fills and have never had a problem.

If it is streaking look to see if is is oily (leaves a shimmer). Probably worth giving the outside of the windshield a good clean to make sure there is nothing interfering with the wipes anyway

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I've tried the Icons. Found they didn't last very long and were kinda chatty. I'm running with Bosch Aerotwins now. I think they're better than the Icons.

·
Registered
14,142 Posts
The dealership during service filled my car washer fluid and I didn't fill since then, idk what they did put.
The dealership is supposed to use the Volvo concentrated fluid. If it has a very strong smell then you know they used the right stuff. Some stores don't use it because it costs more. If it's just the regular light blue stuff then you should be okay. I found that the Rain-x orange stuff left a film on my windshield - YMMV.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's funny, I love the Rain-X fluid! +1 on the Bosch recommendation. They might be the OEM producer, anyway.
My rear original wiper is made by Valeo, maybe they also supply the front ones...?

I had great luck with the cheap Bosch Evolution that I got on sale at 6$ (CAD !) each. They've been on for more than a year, including a rough winter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can use some SIFA super fine steel wool (0000) or even a razor blade (Stanley Knife Blade) and give the windscreen a good old clean!
As for wiper blades, I have found it best to stick with Genuine Wiper blades.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just replaced mine yesterday with Rain-X Latitudes. Also switched from the cheap blue fluid to the orange one which is supposed to help the windshield repel rain and make for less wiping.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Michelin blades served me well in the past. Now that FCPEuro does their lifetime replacement I just go with OEM and no issues, regular blue Walmart wiper fluid.

·
Registered
2014 S60 FWD
38 Posts
Bosch Aerotwins work well for me and are priced right.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Stay away from the Rain-X products. The blades and chemicals don't last and don't work well. If you want the best, get PPG Aquapel for the glass, and then buy Bosch or OEM wipers.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Bosch Aerotwin are the best IMHO

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found multiple places that says the silicon windshield washers are the best but idk what brands that would be.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Will look into Bosch Aerotwins and buy a reserve pair for the trunk. Rain Repellent treatment...learned something new today thanks

·
Registered
597 Posts
I found multiple places that says the silicon windshield washers are the best but idk what brands that would be.
PIAA Si-Tech 20" & 26"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts