SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of replacing engine mounts. Right is replaced, but not bolted to engine yet. Got the front mount replaced and went to lower the engine back down and realized the engine has shifted right about 1/2". I'm leary of prying on a lot of aluminum. Any recommendations on how to shift it back?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just did, like all of mine on the 2 cars this year... the C70s seemed liked it had shifted a little to the right.. I just unbolted the right pad mount again and let it sink, and it realigned itself...then bolted everything back down. Not sure that's of any help, though.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did, like all of mine on the 2 cars this year... the C70s seemed liked it had shifted a little to the right.. I just unbolted the right pad mount again and let it sink, and it realigned itself...then bolted everything back down. Not sure that's of any help, though.
That's what I'll try next.

·
Registered
17,304 Posts
use a 2x4

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was using a bottle jack to support the engine, because my floor jack has a slow leak in it. So, shifted to the floor jacks so I could push the engine around a little bit. That got things lined back up again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts