SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have my new TCV from IPD along with some new tubing.

I can visualise the whole job except for the vacuum line that runs down under the turbo somewhere.

Are there any tricks to accessing this hose? Should I approach from the top or jack-up the car and reach in from underneath?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Re: Best Way to Access TCV Vacuum Line on Turbo (SML)

I have new vacumn lines sitting in my garage. I opened the hood saw what a PIA it was going to be to replace them and am currently deep in procrastination mode.

Let me know how it goes for you, maybe I can become motivated to do mine.............

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
Re: Best Way to Access TCV Vacuum Line on Turbo (jstro)

Quote, originally posted by jstro »
I have new vacumn lines sitting in my garage. I opened the hood saw what a PIA it was going to be to replace them and am currently deep in procrastination mode.

Let me know how it goes for you, maybe I can become motivated to do mine.............

ohhh makes me feel good to know i am not the only one.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 FWD
3,015 Posts
Damn. And here I was expecting to get new hoses and do this sometime soon!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (Paysts)

Quote, originally posted by Paysts »
Which line are you talking about?
The one that runs into the turbo body. I can't even see it where it runs through from the top. And I couldn't find a way to access it from the top. Do I have to look access from under the car?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: (SML)

I found it easiest to access these from underneath the car. I used long, angled needle nose pliers to work the clamps.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (VTT5)

Quote, originally posted by VTT5 »
I found it easiest to access these from underneath the car. I used long, angled needle nose pliers to work the clamps.

Wow .. finally got the job finished! I will post my general tips & comments in the other thread.

But for my specific thread question ... the access is much easier from under the car.

The angled needle nose pliers would have been very helpful to both push the tube on and work the clamps. I struggled along with standard needle nose pliers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.