SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.brodit.com/productList.html?lrhandDrive=lhd&brand=Volvo&model=XC70&year=2011&pn=prod

Known in the US? Anyway, I ordered it for my XC70-2011 (D5, non-wood dash) and I simply love it. Plug and play without drilling holes. Snap-on. Very tough and steady and looks pro!
5 stars in my opinion. Take your time ordering it, type car, dashboard wood yes/no? Disregard the thread (even delete dear moderator...) if this is old news. Just for info.:thumbup:

http://www.brodit.com/proclip.html

If you do order, let me (us) know what you think. Awesome.
Just trying to help some people with it.

Note: you buy the clip and seperately the holder ofcourse. They fit with tiny screws perfectly together. Average $£€ 50,00

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes, works well (though I have it for my Garmin), annoyingly expensive though, my post from 2013:

Pro Clip USA

So I ended up going with a set up from ProClip since I already had the 3790LMT with both traffic services.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes... Too expensive but works like a million bucks!!
Although although... The '$13-ones' last a few weeks only as we all know and look horrible. They also do add up.

Funny how we buy €30.000+ cars yet a few xtra for a pro phone holder we find expensive (like me for a while). It realy is the only solution folks, you will love it! Looks good "floating" in front of the dash with the Volvo logo as wallpaper.

I also use a cable that connects into the iphone from below (as always) but at the other end its inserted into USB and AUX (splits into-2) Looks clean and nice... One cable only towards the dash!

Does the new XC90 have a build in holder by the way? Must be... for that money and 2016+ design?!

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad to see another Brodit / Proclip fan. Been using them in various cars since 2005. I just ordered a holder for my XC70, but it won't be ideal because I'll need to keep my phone in the landscape position, otherwise the height of the phone will block some of the Sensus screen. Not a big deal, but operating the phone in landscape is always a bit more awkward.

Will post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
ProClip mounts in both our cars here as well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been a longtime ProClip fan, and considered a new ProClip rig for my new XC70, but just couldn't justify adding so much to the dash area for a relatively simple feature. Instead I opted for two small strips of Velcro's 10lb hold strips (like those you might use for an EZPass toll tag)...one on the left side edge of my phone case, the other on the back vertically aligned near the opposite edge. It attaches on the "shelf" above my CD player to a strip above the vents (my phone is an iP 6 Plus, so it's rather big). Works great, not much stuff added to the dash, doesn't stand out (I used black Velcro) and cost around $0.25. ProClips are in all the other vehicles, though.

- Doug :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's smart DugB. Post a pic if you have one.

I just installed my Proclip. I have a Nexus 6P which is also pretty big. I had to install the proclip off-center, toward the left side of the vent so that I could keep the phone vertical and not block my Sensus screen. Actually looks pretty good and within easy reach. Will post a pic soon.

Edit: Here's a pic. In this position, I can see both the phone and the Sensus screen pretty well with very little being blocked by the steering wheel or phone.

http://imgur.com/4Q186HN

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seem like horrible placement for people in hot climates. I need the AC going hard about 6 months out the year and anything that blocks the air vents is useless.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah, if you require cold air from that vent blowing directly onto your face, then it won't work.
It is a slight issue, and I actually close the vent behind my gps/phone as I don't want to blast heat on the back of the device. It's not ideal, but I like the placement for use and sight. I live in Connecticut, so it does prevent the heat in the winter and air in the summer for that vent, but I just have the passenger side center vent aimed to me. Overall, it doesn't effect my climate experience much.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Seem like horrible placement for people in hot climates. I need the AC going hard about 6 months out the year and anything that blocks the air vents is useless.
I place mine between the vents, centered over the hazard flasher button. With phone vertical, doesn't block any airflow at all. Really, though you can mount it anywhere along that same strip of trim you want.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Universal Phone Mount for Garmin Ball

I just purchased this... I finally realized there was no need to still have my Garmin with two SLOW traffic services, when I use Waze and INRIX pretty exclusively. It's not as nice of a product as Pro Clip, but since I oft-change my phone case, I didn't want to be stuck with a certain size. A few days in, and this thing works pretty well. This clip utilizes the Pro Clip mount on my trim and the Garmin Ball attachment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts