SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving my 2017 V60 T5 for half a year now, and I'm getting to the point where I want to try and do something to make it look better, but I'm at a loss as to what's available. I'd love any suggestions on things I can do to improve the looks of my car! Currently I'm debating on grabbing a set of the 19" Polestar wheels and a roofbox, though I don't know what kind yet.

Reactions: VARIABLE9

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not sure how a roof box improves the look... I'd be looking at things like an R-Design bumper, V60CC grill, debadge, window tint, if you don't like it then black out the chrome window trim. Not sure how roads are there, but lowering slightly often makes a car look good.

·
Registered
2016 V60 Cross Country, 2020 V60 Cross Country (Polestar optimized)
88 Posts
I think roof boxes mounted for appearance are goofy. (/ducks) Do you really want to make your car a noisy wind catcher that burns more gas?

what about the exterior styling kit? Particularly the side scuff plates, which I think greatly enhance the look of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any idea what kinda "look" you might go for? That would help get more focused suggestions from the crowd. For example: if R-Design stuff floats-yer-boat try Googling images of 'V60 R-Design' in your color of choice. Maybe you'll see something you'll like :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any idea what kinda "look" you might go for? That would help get more focused suggestions from the crowd. For example: if R-Design stuff floats-yer-boat try Googling images of 'V60 R-Design' in your color of choice. Maybe you'll see something you'll like :unsure:
I do like the R-Design bumpers quite a bit, those were also a consideration. Honestly I didn't know what kind of "look" exactly I'm going for, I just wanted some ideas on what's out there and what other people have done.

·
Registered
386 Posts
FYI the 2017 and 2018 T5 Dynamic have the same f/r bumpers as the R-Design.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Absolutely nothing will improve the look of the car like a light drop. No other combination of appearance mods will look as good as that car 100% stock but with a clean drop. VW people live by the rule “drop before wheels” but I’d take it a step farther and say “drop before all else” if you intend to do other appearance mods. Too many P3 people go straight for fancy wheels and a bunch of “custom” accessories but end up with a car that looks super clapped out with all those changes that draw the scrutinizing eye to a car with a ton of wheelgap. A light drop is the foundation of any build imo. It’ll look great from that point on, and will need surprisingly few other changes to look amazing.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I concur on the drop (with R-Design or H&R springs if you want to go lower (30 mm)) and a bit of wheel spacer (on the stock and lovely Portia's) or lower offset aftermarket wheels.

Front and real R-Design bumper and valence can do wonders on the look as well.

My opinion is also to ditch the halogen lamps and get the nice HID projector assemblies, but that is a bit more costly (unless you can score good assemblies on LKQ or eBay).

Small things can go a long way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I concur on the drop (with R-Design or H&R springs if you want to go lower (30 mm)) and a bit of wheel spacer (on the stock and lovely Portia's) or lower offset aftermarket wheels.

Front and real R-Design bumper and valence can do wonders on the look as well.

My opinion is also to ditch the halogen lamps and get the nice HID projector assemblies, but that is a bit more costly (unless you can score good assemblies on LKQ or eBay).

Small things can go a long way.
Did a little research on the R-Design bumpers and found out they weren't available new in my car's color Magic Blue. It's a thought, but the fact that I'd have to get them repainted is making me think twice about it

·
Registered
713 Posts
My opinion is also to ditch the halogen lamps and get the nice HID projector assemblies, but that is a bit more costly (unless you can score good assemblies on LKQ or eBay)
That's a good suggestion as well, if I remember correctly @lancecx is selling a set currently.

Agreed on the lowering, Volvo did a nice job with stock wheels and a slight lowering really helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a good suggestion as well, if I remember correctly @lancecx is selling a set currently.

Agreed on the lowering, Volvo did a nice job with stock wheels and a slight lowering really helps.
Still am!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Did a little research on the R-Design bumpers and found out they weren't available new in my car's color Magic Blue. It's a thought, but the fact that I'd have to get them repainted is making me think twice about it
Which is why I suggested looking at the T5 Dynamic trim level which has the RD front and rear bumpers for 2017. Not sure if magic blue was available on the dynamic range, but worth a shot.

·
Administrator
55,906 Posts
It looks like you already have the Sport suspension/springs, which similar to the R-Design. If you want to lower it, H&R springs or coilovers. 20-inch wheels look nice on the P3 platform. There are some exhaust systems available that would allow you to go with a R-Design or Polestar diffuser and round exhaust tips, if you prefer that look. if you don't want to change the exhaust tips, you could change the chrome tips to a color or a matte or stain black finish with high-temp paint.

Anthony has a white S60 and he had a set of Polestar lower winglets and trimmed them to fit your style front bumper cover.

Reactions: VARIABLE9 and BUCHO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the dynamic/R-Design front bumper? I've been looking to do the swap on my V60 as well. Very similar to @Darkeon 's car, just in Black Stone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wrap! Depending on your preferences - chrome trim, emblems, logos, interior panels, the whole car.. Add vinyl stripes, experiment with wheel colors (dip? I do have 19" polestar wheels and I realized that it was mostly the color that I liked), tint windows and tail lights...

Imho lowering it won't achieve much more than a few scratches on the bottom of the car. P3 V60 is not something that is [looking] particularly wide and thus won't look very planted even when sitting low. Also unlike the next SPA V60 model the body shape transition from rear passenger door to the rear bumper looks more like an afterthought (/ducks, /ready to apologize) and lowering it won't add much to its perceived sportiness.

[Edited to remove unrelated question..]

·
Registered
93 Posts
I added the side scuff plates from the v60 cross country for my V60 R-Design to break up the area below the doors. Easy to install yourself. I also have the dealer mudflaps to help protect the paint behind the wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about splitter, Winglets and spacers?,

Attachments

Reactions: VARIABLE9

·
Registered
191 Posts
How about pinstriping? I'm thinking old-school painted lines not the narrow vinyl strips. I scanned through the photo thread and didn't see any so you'd have a unique look.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts