SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 s60 2.5t is like to push it to 300 Hp what's the safest and best way to do it?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Trade for an S60R... ;)

Seriously though, you're looking at turbo upgrade to hit 300HP, along with all the necessary plumbing upgrades and custom tuning etc... If you don't have a ton of money in your current car the cheapest way is definitely an R trade.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Agreed. I have my 2005 2.5T up to about 315 hp~ and it's had a decent bit done to it. 19T turbo swap with all supporting mods (exhaust, FMIC, injectors, intake, fluids, etc.) and it is faster than stock... but it's still not a manual which is bumming me more and more, but also doesn't have much room for more power without a lot more money. It already cost a decent penny to get here, more than it would have to sell my car and buy an S60R with/without manual (don't know your preferences).

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Lol I guess I'll just get a polestar
You jest, and yet...

Agreed. I have my 2005 2.5T up to about 315 hp~ and it's had a decent bit done to it. 19T turbo swap with all supporting mods (exhaust, FMIC, injectors, intake, fluids, etc.) and it is faster than stock... but it's still not a manual which is bumming me more and more, but also doesn't have much room for more power without a lot more money. It already cost a decent penny to get here, more than it would have to sell my car and buy an S60R with/without manual (don't know your preferences).
Funny thing is the same is true with the P2 R cars. People do a moderate turbo upgrade, all the typical plumbing bolt-ons, and their automatic P2 R still only runs the mid-high 13s in the quarter mile, same as a bone stock 2013+ S60 T6 R-Design.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Also go for torque not horsepower.

To actually answer your question, bolt on a bigger turbo, downpipe, large intake tube, and FMIC, then tune it for the parts you buy and you'll break 300 ft-lb easily. The power will be in the high 200s but again power doesn't give you a good 0-60 time, torque does.

You can get halfway there with just a tune and no other mods.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Also go for torque not horsepower.

To actually answer your question, bolt on a bigger turbo, downpipe, large intake tube, and FMIC, then tune it for the parts you buy and you'll break 300 ft-lb easily. The power will be in the high 200s but again power doesn't give you a good 0-60 time, torque does.

You can get halfway there with just a tune and no other mods.
Great advice and well said. If you can't afford any of the 300HP upgrade paths (parts or new car) just get the "cheap" plumbing bolt-ons and a tune and just be happy with the HP/TQ you end up with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts