SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running michelin XICE 3 on all 4 wheels - gotten through 2-5"+ of snow on upstate new york roads this winter, and they dont complain. But I can smell them burning around corners on warmer days.
Wondering what the best experience people have with these wagons for tires is like. Was going over tirerack reviews and found these best two reviewed - I've grabbed myself two Pirelli Cinturato p7 all season, and 2 Goodyear eagle sport all season with all four of them 10-11/32 of tread left.
Was figuring running the Pirelli on the front, and eagle's on the rear. I'm running a cross country trip this summer in the car,(northeast to oregon, down to california, and back through the south.)
Anything that will improve handling in the corners and/or better mpg is preferred for this upcoming season. Altogether they were about 50 a tire, so I don't have many issues upgrading to some better new ones if they're substantially better than either.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
I'll always suggest Nokian ZLine AS. Super grippy, quiet and they actually last. Doesn't hurt that they're inexpensive too. I run them on all my cars and my parents cars.

It's the grip of a Michelin with the ride of a Continental and half the price of either. Should be about $300 for a set in 16 or 17"

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like the Vredestein all season tire. I actually have them on all three wheels of my Can Am Spyder. Will be putting them on my XC60 when it's time. Excellent all around ratings. Dry, wet, snow, ice.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'll check out reviews on them all. I prefer running 3-seasons and actual ice/winter tires in the winter, as it gets pretty harsh up here some weeks, so i mostly ignore the ice/snow rating on most all-seasons, and average them out based on that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts