SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best repair manual for my 98 V70R. I had a bentley for my old saab, but they don't seem to make them for Volvo. The only ones I've seen are hayes and chilton. Any thoughts? I'm just looking to do some basic repairs, and find some diagrams for interior removal.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Re: Best repair manual (bookem)

I guess Haynes is OK if you need it for basic stuff (not that I have any others to compare it to), but if your goal is more complex jobs like engine rebuild or such - then Haynes sucks. What wonders me is that according to your signature you work for Volvo, right? Don't you have access to more advanced sources then the rest of us, simple mortals?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Best repair manual (d_man)

I actually have access to Vadis (Volvo's computer system) anytime I need, but I still like to have something in book form at home. I remember my old Chiltons hard cover covered in grease and pages falling out everywhere.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
No repair manuals that are in paper form that I know of. I still extensively use my 850 Haynes manual. Much of the information still pertains to my '98 S70. Ohterwise, print from Vadis whatever repairs you need to do as they come up and take these printed papers home. You can do a "print screen" of specific areas you blow up too from your computer screen and then paste into a graphics program and print that way too if you need to look at a certain area in more detail. I've done that and taken the pages out to my car when I've needed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts