SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of my rims came with some curb rash, and I stupidly just rashed another the other day.

What is the best Plasti Dip color to dip my rims? (Car is titanium) Are there any other cheap options to get my rims looking good again?
If anyone has some dipped or different color wheels I'd appreciate some pics.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I just consulted the magic 8 ball and it told me for you it should be Hot Pink or Purple. :)

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Unless you want a rubbery coating that is easy to remove paint is an option as well.

For example, here is what I was able to do with a rattle can of satin black paint and brushing on some red trim . . .

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Color choice is such a subjective topic. PlastiDip is so easy to apply, and change if your tastes change, remove and try another color! 2-3 rattle cans per 4 wheels. Mix and match to your heart's content. And the beauty is how easy it is to remove should you choose to do so. Just be sure to apply several thin coats to build up a thick coating. Thicker coating is far easier to remove than thin coat.

I've had matte black on my winter wheels for 4 seasons now and summer wheels for one season. Only minor touchups have been required, particularly in the lug bolt holes. The face of the spokes and barrel of the wheel have remained covered very well. Surface prep is critical for good adhesion.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Be original and do black.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Half way down that page... I think the blue metalizer over black is gorgeous, especially if you have nordkap interior to match.

When I peel my whole car and go back to the TI grey body, first thing I am going to do is the blue metalizer over black.
Hey now, don't steal my very original idea for the VR's winter wheels this season! :p

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.