SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my fronts are bad. Found monroe's for $314 with free ship. Is the best I can expect?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Just checked. Looks like they're the best price. Thanks
I bought my struts from RockAuto too.....they sent me this coupon code that expires Nov 1

I do not need it, so you an try it if you want to save an extra 5% 3534901332204865

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fcp had them for 315. Rock was 240 I think. Rock only had them coming from Europe. I needed them sooner

·
Registered
861 Posts
That's interesting. When I bought front struts a couple years ago they came from Europe. I guess they aren't stocked in the US warehouses?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
That's interesting. When I bought front struts a couple years ago they came from Europe. I guess they aren't stocked in the US warehouses?
I just had to order one last week that shipped from the US. I must've gotten the last one. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
About 3 months ago I ordered front 4C struts from Rock and paid to have them shipped from Europe since there was no US stock. A day or two later they notified me they made a mistake and had no stock, provided a full refund.
Hopefully they are back now.

6 months earlier bought rears from them which were shipped from US.

Put new factory springs all way around. No more tire rub. Larger stops on front and spacers but still had the rub with original springs (Volvo OEM which sagged).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered mine from FCP to avoid that. Got the shocks from Rock. Hopefully everything get here early next week and I can be good by next Friday.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
If you're not in too much of a rush, it's worth checking in on RockAuto from time to time. I needed new fonts for awhile, and checked RockAuto every week or two until I got lucky: they have small numbers of them show up in US stock from time to time, and when they had a few in August, I pounced and got them for ~250 each.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fcp had them for 315. Rock was 240 I think. Rock only had them coming from Europe. I needed them sooner
Wow. . . that's odd, I called Rock Auto recently and they said they had some in stock in the U.S., I guess they run out of stock often.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Amazon. They go out of stock within the same day of restocking them. Keep an eye on it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts