SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a ‘17 CPO S90 Inscription, loaded only missed air suspension and 20” wheels. I know it will ride tougher than my 19 inchers but I still like the look of the 20s. Anyone know of a reasonable place to get them?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Just purchased a ‘17 CPO S90 Inscription, loaded only missed air suspension and 20” wheels. I know it will ride tougher than my 19 inchers but I still like the look of the 20s. Anyone know of a reasonable place to get them?
Where are you located?

Nick at Re-Volv in Oxford, MA frequently has near brand new takeoffs from projects he sells at a reasonable price.

That's where I got my 20's.

I don't mind the road feel of the 20's. I don't think it is too harsh, though I can see how some might. I've always preferred a stiffer ride.

What I wasn't prepared for was the metallic "ringing" or "singing bowl" sound coming from the wheels.

I have gotten used to it at this point, but it did bother me a little bit in the beginning.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Unless your roads are prefect in state i would keep 18 19th otherwise spending 300-350 every month grantee from blown tires or even more $ from bent rims.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless your roads are prefect in state i would keep 18 19th otherwise spending 300-350 every month grantee from blown tires or even more $ from bent rims.
What’s funny is my wife’s XC90 has the optional 21” wheels and in the last 2 years she did have one blown tire from a pothole. Worth the risk for the look to me...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was concerned about this when I bought them.

With the 255/35R20 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 on the S90 i only get a 3.5" sidewall, which was a potential problem, but I haven't had any issues yet at all in a season of driving.

I think the 4c active suspension results in less impact force on the wheels than with traditional suspension.

It should also help that I use dedicated winter tires during the winter, when the roads are the worst.

I wouldn't recommend driving tires this this during the colder months anywhere you get real winter and winter pot holes.

I kept my 18's the car came with (smallest that will fit over the brakes on the T6), and put a set of narrower than stock 225/50R18 Continental VikingContact 7's on there. (winter tires are usually better when they are narrower). They provided fantastic winter traction last winter. Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Than your state has good roads for most part . In NJ i blown 2 tires with 2 weeks and bent one rim and going to Brooklyn NY didnt help much as well. So thats why i switched to 18th.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Than your state has good roads for most part . In NJ i blown 2 tires with 2 weeks and bent one rim and going to Brooklyn NY didnt help much as well. So thats why i switched to 18th.
It might just be your bad luck, Paul. I drive on my 20s in Michigan, the winner of the "State with the worst roads in America" award, and I've never blown tires or bent rims with my 2+ years and 67k miles of driving here.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It might just be your bad luck, Paul. I drive on my 20s in Michigan, the winner of the "State with the worst roads in America" award, and I've never blown tires or bent rims with my 2+ years and 67k miles of driving here.
Driving style may also have an impact.

Back on my SAAB 9-5 years ago I used to constantly bend rims, and it ran on 225/45R17's, so a bit more sidewall than I currently have on my 20's.

As I have matured I have chilled out A LOT in my driving. As a result I haven't had a speeding ticket in 15 years and I haven't had to go to a wheel straightening shop in almost as long.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The 19" Diamond Cut (black) is the best looking wheel ever on S90/V90. I wish my S90 had this one instead of the garbage 20" that get bent in every pothole. OP just stay away from the 20" if you want your car vibration free hhhhh.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts
The 19" Diamond Cut (black) is the best looking wheel ever on S90/V90. I wish my S90 had this one instead of the garbage 20" that get bent in every pothole. OP just stay away from the 20" if you want your car vibration free hhhhh.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
:D

·
Registered
47 Posts

I purchased mine on Ebay from a dealer that sells their knockoffs when customers upgrade, etc., Search for seller: bretstreete-1

That is who I purchased mine from and they were great condition and a great price if you ask me (note that I got the 18"s)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts