SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to buy th e timing belt, tensioner, and waterpump? Also looking for shocks and struts.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Amazon or rockauto for shocks, FCP for timing belt/water pump/tensioner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On rockauto there is 2 different electronic shocks listed. One stating for European use. Which is the correct ones?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
C2501 front, C1501 rear. The European flag means it ships from Europe. Don't buy that one.

·
3,959 Posts
OEM TIMING BELT KIT ONLY!

Lisle Volvo has the cheapest oem prices around, they beat tasca. I got all my stuff from them.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
OEM TIMING BELT KIT ONLY!

Lisle Volvo has the cheapest oem prices around, they beat tasca. I got all my stuff from them.
Bingo. Don't cheap out on a tbelt/tensioner/waterpump or it'll cost far more than the $50 you saved to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Tasca/Lisle Volvo are currently cheapest sources of T-Belt kit. You need to make sure you get the correct timing belt tensioner. I bought my Timing Belt kit most recently at FCP because I bought a bunch of other stuff and used a discount code that brought the total level with Tasca and also because I could be sure from the photos that the tensioner was the correct one. I can't remember off-hand, but I think FCP ended up being cheapest once I added in the water pump, tensioner bolt, and water pump bolts. Tasca is $115 for the kit (plus ~$15 shipping), Lisle Volvo is $114 (plus ~$16 shipping), FCP is $140, IPD is $151.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
yes, i have one ....the only thing ...i could not find anyone that actually had 100k on it ...
I considered the Gates when I replaced mine, but just wasn't familiar enough with them and figured the Volvo belts aren't known for failing prematurely, so stuck with OEM.

·
3,959 Posts
I considered the Gates when I replaced mine, but just wasn't familiar enough with them and figured the Volvo belts aren't known for failing prematurely, so stuck with OEM.
Belts are fine, it's the tensioner you have worry about. I just did a full T-belt last week with/pump and the idler and tensioner pulley.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I order all oem stuff from volvopartslisle.com.
By far the cheapest parts out there and they know it ha.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
INA = OEM I use those on my personal cars as they are what comes in the Volvo Box just without the Volvo Markup. Contitech belts are fine as well as Gates, I've used those as well but is most cases those kits are more than the INA. Go figure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got all mine from FCP Euro. They made a kit for me since I did not need seals. Fitted and all went together smooth. They even have a nice video of how to do it on youtube. Checked tensioner the other day and belt because was slightly warmer when I did belt and it it all good. They were super friendly on phone, also ordered Brembo brakes for GF's MB C280 and got with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts