SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We want to put racks on our V70T- Rusnak wants around 350 plus 95 for installation, Are they easy to install, and does anyone know any sites that have them cheaper? Thanks. Or any aftermarket rails too.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: Best Place to Buy Euro Rails in U.S. (gokings55)

What are you going to use them for? You could get an aftermarket roof rack kit like Thule or Yakima and install that without rails.

You can also buy used at a junkyard, try http://www.copartfinder.com to find a parts car near you. Still, with the liability of the product (if you're actually using them for load), I'd probably pay the premium and have the dealer install new ones. You can always price shop that though from your local dealers.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

go to REI. They have displays for Thule and Yakima. They have books that tell you which parts will fit your car. They are roughly the same price. I heard that Thule is the Volvo OEM so you might want to compare them.

They also have racks that attach onto the Euro Rails as well as directly onto the roof.

I have yakima, but that's because I had them before for my Honda (RIP) and I also bought the accessories to also fit our 854.

·
Registered
3 Posts

although thule makes the racks for volvo, i dont believe they sell them directly through thule retailers. i couldnt find them. i decided against the euro rails since i heard alot of complaints about wind noise. we ordered the oem racks that mount into the channels on the roof and grab the brass pins in the channel. there are no pads to sit on the roof or clamps to drop down into the door jamp. the install is clean and reasonably priced. cost through most dealers is about $125. i believe this is the part id "load bars p/n 8633210"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Best Place to Buy Euro Rails in U.S. (s)

thanks for all your replies http://********************/smile/emsmile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts