SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We replaced our 18"OEM wheels with 19" Volvo wheels when we had summer tires mounted. Seems the German dealer forgot to mention they did not include the TPMS replacement in the deal. So, I am stuck for the moment with a low tire pressure message on the instrument cluster. Can anyone point me to the best place to purchase the TPMS things? I don't really want to just clear the message, I would like to have the TPMS work as advertised.

Thanks

·
Registered
668 Posts
Use the ones off the old wheels...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did the same thing when I purchased my summer wheels/tire. But I had bought these in advance and found out I didn't need them. I guess the feature is turn off in the cumputer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compatibility-chart/B002DYH45A?ie=UTF8&i=25

Install instructions are simple. Take it for a 15min hwy drive and the TPMS will adapt them into the system.

Note: I haven't installed these or tried them. Only purchased and read the instructions. They're sitting unused in the basement.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered these on line from Amazon yesterday morning. I drove the XC90 in the PM only to see that the TPMS caution message was no longer illuminated. Maybe the vehicle is smart enough to think that if I have ignored it for a few months now, there was no longer any need to display the message. Strange.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts