SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With an R in my garage, the repairs begin! First question, what is the best place for parts? I have talked to the folks at IPD, and it seems like they are a great resource. However, for example, IPD charges $400 for a 4C shock and Rock Auto has the very same part for $271. That adds up quickly.

I have used Rock Auto in the past, impersonal but if you know what you are doing, you can score some pretty cheap parts there.

So, what do you think? IPD? Rock Auto? Other?

Looking forward to get the refurbishment started!

·
Registered
143 Posts
There is not one answer, so shop around.

For OEM Volvo parts, Tasca Parts is often one of the cheapest around. For enthusiast vendors, you have IDP, FCP Euro, Viva Performance; I often prefer FCP because they have lifetime warranty on parts and it only takes one day for stuff to arrive (to Boston area). Then there are the random items, like the 4C struts where these are few places that stock the OEM-but-not-labeled-Volvo parts, e.g. Rock Auto is a good one in this case, and Amazon actually has had them in the past for similar price.

·
Registered
56 Posts
VolvoPartsLisle.com...

I wish more people knew about them. :facepalm:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is not one answer, so shop around.

For OEM Volvo parts, Tasca Parts is often one of the cheapest around. For enthusiast vendors, you have IDP, FCP Euro, Viva Performance; I often prefer FCP because they have lifetime warranty on parts and it only takes one day for stuff to arrive (to Boston area). Then there are the random items, like the 4C struts where these are few places that stock the OEM-but-not-labeled-Volvo parts, e.g. Rock Auto is a good one in this case, and Amazon actually has had them in the past for similar price.
I checked FCP. So, if I pay $445 for a 4c, I get a lifetime warranty on it? Is that possible? Same goes for all other Volvo parts? Sounds to good to be true...am I missing something?

How can IPD justify selling a part for $400 when their competitors charge 1/3 less? And, are the 4c sold at Rock and others at $271 the same part?

Sorry for all the questions, I am new to Volvo!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
They won't on the strut probably because technically rock auto is from Monroe and FCPs comes from Volvo

·
Registered
143 Posts
VolvoPartsLisle.com...

I wish more people knew about them. :facepalm:
Lisle is very good on prices. Usually for me in the northeast, stuff from Tasca is usually about the same including shipping and will get her faster. I have ordered from them before though.

Geography matters to some degree... that's one reason why I rarely order anything from IPD if I have other options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, parts ordered. Rock had the best price on 4C, got all for corners with shipping for a tad over 1k. I ordered the pieces parts from IPD because their website was the most user friendly. The build project will start when the parts get here, and I'll be sure to take pictures. Next step is restoring the Atacama! Thanks everyone!

·
3,829 Posts
Ok, parts ordered. Rock had the best price on 4C, got all for corners with shipping for a tad over 1k. I ordered the pieces parts from IPD because their website was the most user friendly. The build project will start when the parts get here, and I'll be sure to take pictures. Next step is restoring the Atacama! Thanks everyone!
Good luck, make sure you replace the front assemblies. Not just the struts but top hats etc. when I pulled mine out everything was toast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts