SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best deals on packages and when do they occur?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Best month to catch specials on winter wheel/tire packages? (phuz)

You're probably best served to start shopping in September/October; especially if you're looking for Dunlop Wintersports which usually sell out. Many folks rave about this tire but I chose the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 which usually doesn't sell out...and therefore is available if you would need a replacement.<p>Also remember that 17's are the better choice and that downsizing to a 225/45/17 is not a bad idea though some folks run the 235/45/17 with no rubbing issues. A narrower tire will do a bit better in snow since it won't plow as much. Most aftermarket wheels will need hub rings also.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Best month to catch specials on winter wheel/tire packages? (MagoonR)

definitely going with the 17s!<p>on tirerack you can get the 17" wheels for 100/piece, but if you want 18, they start at 269/piece...no thanks!<p>getting a dedicated winter tire/wheel package delivered and balanced for 1000 or less is great IMO.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Best month to catch specials on winter wheel/tire packages? (phuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>phuz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">getting a dedicated winter tire/wheel package delivered and balanced for 1000 or less is great IMO.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Indeed it is. I spent about $1300 on the set; approx $650 on 17" Pegs after $200 rebate and $650 on tires mounted and balanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts