SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Having just sold my beloved 2007 R Wagon, I am trying to capture as much of the pure, R spirit as I can in a new, 2015.5 XC60 R Design.

I have ordered

a) Heico pedals and foot rest (had them in the R wagon and loved them)
b) Heico illuminated shift with Alcantara boot (looks pretty cool vs boring stock shifter)
c) Heico foot rest / "dead" pedal
d) Heico paddle shifters in blue aluminum (just wish performance theme for dash was in matching blue!)

Was hoping to order IPD lock pins in black with the R insignia....but have been advised they wont fit the XC60? : (

While thinking the Heico lock pins push the viking logo a bit too much....

In the absence of IPD, perhaps should just go ahead and get the Heico lock pins...

Any other ideas please?

Have < 100 miles on the car, but certainly NOT too harsh or stiff for me - even on the horrible roads around NYC and NJ....posters who say the R Design is too harsh should go with minivans.

What about an exhaust?

Can anyone from the forum recommend the QTP electronic exhaust?

All weather floor mats?

Any other suppliers for tuning or performance parts? (IPD basically said they have nothing for these newer cars...)

In any case, a nice riding, nice handling and practical car showing all signs of a happy addition to the family.

Cheers,

cwlondon

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
My parents have the Heico door pins on their XC60; they are from my brothers old 2006 S60. Wonder why IPD would say the door pins won't fit if the Heico ones came off a P2 and fit in a P3. IPD will always say that something doesn't fit because they never tested it out yet; they said the rear sway bar probably wouldn't fit my V60, but that was only because they hadn't tried it out yet. We have the OEM rubber floor and trunk mats and we like them. You can add the IPD rear sway bar which will flatten out the rear; I have it in my V60RD.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've heard the IPD rear sway is helps out the rear end of the XC60 a lot. If the Canadian $ wasn't so poor I would have purchased one.

For exhaust someone on here I believe has ordered or is in the process of ordering the KPAX exhaust that is supposed to be released soon. You could always get a custom exhaust put in.

For all-weather mats the OEM ones are really good. Nice heavy rubber and clean up really nicely. I was worried because they do have a carpet material on them by where your foot rests, however after heavy use during winter they still come clean as new. We also have the oem rear cargo mat which works great especially since you can still use the grocery holder.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Maybe I am showing my age but the ride in the 2015 XC60 (not R-D) seems a bit rough to me. I have not checked the tire pressure since I purchased the SUV back in Feb but I would guess that the pressure is still up near 40 psi.

Wouldn't adding the rear sway bar make the ride even a little more harsh?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
... Wouldn't adding the rear sway bar make the ride even a little more harsh?
I wondered that too. I also find the ride a little rough when driving over bumps, otherwise its nice. My understanding is the IPD swaybar will prevent rolling, but it must come at a cost.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I had the IPD RSB installed with poly bushings in our T6 w/ Polestar. It def helped out in the corners and didn't make the rider any worse/ harsher.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've heard the IPD rear sway is helps out the rear end of the XC60 a lot. If the Canadian $ wasn't so poor I would have purchased one.

For exhaust someone on here I believe has ordered or is in the process of ordering the KPAX exhaust that is supposed to be released soon. You could always get a custom exhaust put in.

For all-weather mats the OEM ones are really good. Nice heavy rubber and clean up really nicely. I was worried because they do have a carpet material on them by where your foot rests, however after heavy use during winter they still come clean as new. We also have the oem rear cargo mat which works great especially since you can still use the grocery holder.
Mcmanus has some good info here. Viva and Eurosport Tuning have limited aftermarket stuff for the XC60, like IPD, and most of it is for 2010-2013, but they have some bits for the facelifts.

The k-pax exhaust thread is around here somewhere, just do a search and it will pop up. Can't remember if it was being made for pre and post facelift years or just one or the other.

You can throw down for the heico body kit; http://www.vivaperformance.com/styling-and-hardware-14/

LED lighting conversion? Not sure what isn't LED on the facelifts, but if the license plate lights aren't, that's a cheap mod that really ups the ante on the rear end at night.

Don't know if it's your cup of tea, but Viva has the H&R lowering springs.

As mentioned several times above, many are pleased with the rear sway bar upgrade.

So if you are putting on the heico pedals...does that mean that you are looking to unload the standard r-design pedals?! If so, I might be interested...

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Maybe I am showing my age but the ride in the 2015 XC60 (not R-D) seems a bit rough to me. I have not checked the tire pressure since I purchased the SUV back in Feb but I would guess that the pressure is still up near 40 psi.

Wouldn't adding the rear sway bar make the ride even a little more harsh?
Nope, the thicker sway bar would not make your ride noticeably harsher. My 18" tires are at the recommended 35 psi, not sure your size, but 40 would be too high for any size and would make your ride unnecessarily harsh. Our '15.5 non-RD is more plush riding than our V60 RD on 19's for sure, but it still can be jarring on larger road imperfections and joints. The ride is generally not as compliant as the smaller non-RD 60 series cars IMO.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If I release air from the tires, will it trigger the TPS and require a trip to the dealer to re-calibrate?

·
Registered
656 Posts
If I release air from the tires, will it trigger the TPS and require a trip to the dealer to re-calibrate?
No. If you released too much air the low-tire-pressure light would come on, then just put more air in it and off it will go. Find your tire pressure sticker in the one of the door jambs. It will indicate what pressure not to exceed. If I remember right mine indicates 35psi. As bmo Pete said; 40 is likely too high, especially if you are looking for a softer ride. You can always go a little less than the max, after all it is the maximum recommended.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 2015.5 XC 60 R Design is a Polestar car.

So far:

Heico Pedals
Heico Illuminated Shift
Heico Paddle Shifters

IPD Black Door pins with silver R insignia
(NOTE: IPD pins fine, but bezels do not seem to work well in the new car. Not too small but too shallow given the slant of the door sill in the XC60 :mad:)

Volvo OEM "All Weather" rubber mats

Spoke to QTP "quick time performance" yesterday regarding their electro mechanical exhaust, but still seems a bit weird to me....

Appreciate any / all suggestions for performance oriented, sport style XC60

You have the T6 go polestar

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 2015.5 XC 60 R Design is a Polestar car.

So far:

Heico Pedals
Heico Illuminated Shift
Heico Paddle Shifters

IPD Black Door pins with silver R insignia
(NOTE: IPD pins fine, but bezels do not seem to work well in the new car. Not too small but too shallow given the slant of the door sill in the XC60 :mad:)

Volvo OEM "All Weather" rubber mats

Spoke to QTP "quick time performance" yesterday regarding their electro mechanical exhaust, but still seems a bit weird to me....

Appreciate any / all suggestions for performance oriented, sport style XC60

I have a QTP installed on mine. Lmk if you have any questions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oakley,

Thank you and yes!

- How do you like the system??
- Which particular model best for the XC 60?
- Would would you guess is a reasonable installation price?
- Where does the on / off switch live? Where to best hide (?) in an XC 60?
- Any thoughts on sound and/or performance?
- Any worries about weather or maintenance? Warrantee?

I saw one on youtube which sounded pretty amazing, but even better if there is any performance gain?

Thanks for info.

I have a QTP installed on mine. Lmk if you have any questions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oakley,

Thank you and yes!

I saw one on youtube which sounded pretty amazing, but even better if there is any performance gain?

Thanks for info.
--I like it very much. It was a popular mod on my old CTS-av a forums I use to lurk (ctsvowners), and I purchase it for the Focus ST I owned before the XC. Unfortunately there is little room to install my particular model between the down pipe and resonator on the XC, which is where I like it best (best sound and less restriction IMO).
I have the QTEC 33K which is the wireless low profile one (K designates wireless, but it can be purchased without)
--I've had it installed twice for less than $50 at a local muffler shop.
--I don't use a switch. I use the remote which I paired to my home link garage door opener.
--Sound isn't exactly what I was looking for on the XC. I was used to having turbo spool on the focus since it was right after the DP, but I'm going to be removing the resonator for that. The grumble at startup and overall tone is nice though, and I like being able to control how far it opens instead of just full open or close. Performance is minimal, similar to a K&N filters. On V8s, it makes a good difference, but on ours I think it's mostly sound.
I keep the valve lubricated with water and garage door lubricant once a month, and have used the cutout since January with no issues. If you encounter salt then cleaning often is probably recommended.

The one on YouTube is most likely me if its the black one. I'll go ahead and post a go pro vid when I get back from my business trip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts