Aluminum or stainless steel.

Or titanium if you have money to burn.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aluminum or stainless steel.

Or titanium if you have money to burn.
Besides weight, does titanium dissipate heat more in comparison to another metal ...whatever the correct term is I'm looking for lol

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
3,958 Posts
You spend 20X the amount for titanium for zero gain.

·
Registered
440 Posts
False. You gain reputation points.

On an intake pipe, material won't really have any effect on heating the air. If you are talking post-turbo, then there may be differences, but again, doesn't really matter.

·
3,958 Posts
False. You gain reputation points.

On an intake pipe, material won't really have any effect on heating the air. If you are talking post-turbo, then there may be differences, but again, doesn't really matter.
I was referring to using titanium as an intake pipe..

*Palms Face*

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was referring to using titanium as an intake pipe..

*Palms Face*
The first part of my post was directed at you, and was a joke. It would have been easier to understand had I used the quote function. The second part was directed at lotusdoom.

·
3,958 Posts
*Palms Face*

I'm pretty bad with context overall, my apologies. Back on topic I entertained the idea of Josh's Titanium OTE pipe but the gain over the D088 OTE was so negligible it made no sense. $150 > $500

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ha no worries

Oh ya, there is zero gain in performance, but if you can get a good welder to make it, they can look fantastic. If you have a Tig, it's not actually that expensive if you cut pie cuts instead of using mandrel bends. Still a lot more than aluminum though

·
3,958 Posts
Yeah, decided to take the difference and put in the house payment fund LOL.

Again, the D088 is an excellent choice. Very happy with mine, its been over a year and works great (Unlike the stock 06+ plastic ote pipe).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts