SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
if you want the xenon look, there's no way around MTEC superwhites...

if you want reliability and you want to SEE something at night (and in the rain) there's no way that you should get MTECs

I'm still searching for a good upgrade, currently I have philips somethingsomething with a greenish touch, but the're not as good as I hope they would be...

HIDs would be an alternative, but it's not legal to go with aftermarket ones, unless you have HIDs right from the factory...

(edit: in germany)

·
Registered
438 Posts
I upgrade to HID's with every car i've had as with the S40. I get them at an awesome deal ($75/kit...includes, ballasts, bulbs, wires. just plug and play) i went with the 8000k's and love them! would never go back to halogens! I can get you that price if you want. it would be plus shipping tho!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: (crossie)

Quote, originally posted by crossie »
if you want the xenon look, there's no way around MTEC superwhites...

if you want reliability and you want to SEE something at night (and in the rain) there's no way that you should get MTECs

I'm still searching for a good upgrade, currently I have philips somethingsomething with a greenish touch, but the're not as good as I hope they would be...

HIDs would be an alternative, but it's not legal to go with aftermarket ones, unless you have HIDs right from the factory...

(edit: in germany)

It's illegal just about everywhere, but everybody uses HIDs. You should give them a try.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Re: (mikeman715)

sylvania.com i think is the site that has a bazillion(
) bulbs you can get some good ones for around 70 ... well sorry i dont have personal exp. with the s40 but its been good for a civic and a focus
all you need is the volvo part# i think

whats everyone else say tho? cause if im not mistaken there is some crap that can go down (on volvos) when going aftermarket lights

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: (kentis19)

I have OSRAM Nightbreakers and work a lot better than oem. I used to have HIDs until the wiper motor fried and I went back to halogens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.