SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at new tires for a 2000 v70 xc. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to get some nice sticky road tires or some all terrains for whipping around the alabama back gravel/dirt roads. I also want to be able to drive through a muddy field here and there without any trouble. Does anyone know of a sticky road tire that has decent "offroad" capability?

·
Registered
49 Posts
A couple years ago a car mag was testing the WRX vs EVO in rally conditions (gravel). Their tire choice was Continentals DWS. I also have them on two of my cars, and they perform well on dirt roads, great on wet, no road noise, and once it snows I am sure my XC will do just fine; the rwd BMW did good as long as the road was flat, on hills not no much

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those sound perfect, I'll check them out. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,307 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3. Good in snow, great on the street, not bad in mud, like velcro on gravel until you have wheelspin.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will check into those too for sure

·
Registered
560 Posts
Get a set of General Grabber at2s! You might need to upsize a bit but would be awesome on an XC. I have 2 friends with lifted WRXs with those tires and I have them on my wife's 4x4. Nice and aggressive looking, grippy, and very quiet on the road for how aggressive they look.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I will place a third vote in favor of the Conti Extreme Contact DWS. Very happy with them on my 98+99 v70r.

The only fight I can pick with them is that I have gotten two punctures and two bubbles in the sidewall but I point the finger to Philly streets and my aggressive driving style.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts