SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we bought a Transit 250 mid height cargo van for the business. It's 8.5' tall and won't fit in a car wash. It's tall, long and just a lot of van to wash so I'm thinking pressure washer with a foam gun. Let it soak and power wash off the dirt.

So what kind/ brand of electric pressure washer should I be looking for?

Also would like recommendations on foam guns and cleaning products.

I'll probably take the washer home every now and again and clean the Volvos too :D

·
3,899 Posts
Karcher, Karcher, Karcher!

I personally own a Karcher K5.85m plus

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also have Karcher, not sure of the model #, but it has 1200 psi.
Didn't want one that was too powerful. I had a Simoniz pressure washer that had 1900 psi, and it caused a bit of damage on my old vehicle.

As for the Foam cannon, I went with the MTM Hydro Foam Cannon. I has adjustability, which is nice. Also it can be rebuilt (w/ new o rings, if necessary).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Karcher, Karcher, Karcher!

I personally own a Karcher K5.85m plus
my karcher died at 18 months old with very minimal use, and it was stored in my basement.

it was out of warranty despite being used maybe a half dozen times and karcher didn't give me the time of day.
Very disappointed with the product, the price and the customer service.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I got a Ryobi at Home Depot last year. Happy with it so far. Cheap enough to be considered almost disposable. Blasted old paint off an entire drained pool with it.

They are all pretty finicky about being put up wet. The pistons corrode. You can get storage solution to squeeze in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts