SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a stage 0 s60 2.4t .. was wondering how the stage 1 Hilton tune was and if it caused any issues or any lights ? Also was wondering what the best downpipe was for my car . And if it’ll throw any codes removing my cats .. or do I jus go with a high flow cat downpipe .inspection is coming up soon ..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New to this thread .. think I’m gonna go with obx for the price you can’t beat it I heard good things .. does anyone have to use a spacer for no cel ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
No experience with the OBX.

I purchased snabbs catless downpipe and used the space(non-fouler) for a bit but just could not stand the exhaust fumes. Anytime at idle it was just overwhelming. Purchased a Magnaflow Hi-flow cat and welded this into the downpipe. Removed the spacer and no CEL issues either. I personally couldn't tell a difference with/without the Hi-Flow cat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What if for now I cut out my stock cat and put a magnaflow.. will that give me any performance gain or better noise /pops? Saving money for the tune but I want some better sound while I save for the downpipe

·
Registered
306 Posts
Biggest restriction is the Cat and it's tubing size. If your going to tune it your gonna wanna replace the downpipe. Getcha a downpipe with a cat. Snabb sells them as do others. If ya go catless you'll get the fumes, some folks can live with them. Be sure to check with your state inspection laws, some are strict.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so ill get the DP first .. im in new york idk to much about how strict they are but im going to get the obx catless and if it throws a code (which im told its different on every car) then you think a spacer will fix the code? Do you also know about hilton stage 1 tune if itll throw a code for the car knowing its tuned.. i read a sell post and guy said he had cel from car knowing it was tuned ..(04 s60r) thanks for getting back and anyone else that comments on here
Biggest restriction is the Cat and it's tubing size. If your going to tune it your gonna wanna replace the downpipe. Getcha a downpipe with a cat. Snabb sells them as do others. If ya go catless you'll get the fumes, some folks can live with them. Be sure to check with your state inspection laws, some are strict.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts