SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On my 2015.5 S60 every car that stop next to me on the red light have a noticebly brighter and whiter headlights, my car light beam looks yellow AF(and faint;)

I was reading that some users said that they replace those D3S bulbs every year or so because they start to dim with age.

Any suggestion on what brand to buy? I want the white light is that 4300K , 5000K or 6000K? definitely not wanting that blue colored light that I see on some cars. I just want the color of the headlight of those Newer S-class or latest S60/S90s.

There are many options on Amazon and eBay but not sure which one is the best.
Greatly appreciate the help.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I installed Osram CBI and they match the DRLs pretty closely I think. This is what I was looking for.

The 'Best' is always very subjective. What you are looking for might not be what another is looking after...

I suggest to pass on the cheap Chinese knock off bulbs that can be found on Amazon and Ebay, stick to brand names ( Osram, Philips).

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest to pass on the cheap Chinese knock off bulbs that can be found on Amazon and Ebay, stick to brand names ( Osram, Philips).
I was looking at the Morimoto D3S I'm not sure if it's a reputable company or not

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was looking at the Morimoto D3S I'm not sure if it's a reputable company or not
I recommend them!!! I was skeptical but they have been in my car for almost 2 years & still just as bright when I bought them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Morimoto bulbs from The Retrofit Source are OK, but they're not up to the same standard as an OSRAM or Philips bulb.

I've had to return capsules to TRS a few times because the pair were never that well color matched. Maybe they've improved their QC over the years since I've stopped buying them (2011-2013 time frame), but I've never had issues with any OE bulb manufacturer.

I run CBI's and like them alright. They are good compromise in intensity and cost.

You have to also realize that

1) no bulb change will fix bad optics. Not saying the Valeo bowl is terrible, but the throw is narrow.
2) lighting always looks different to the observer outside of the vehicle. It always seems everyone else's HID optics appear brighter and more defined than yours.

Also, do not buy them from eBay or Amazon. Buy from a retailer you can verify the authenticity of the bulb from. I've bought from TRS many times. I know there are probably a few others (Xenondepot, etc) but I can't vouch for them since I've never purchased anything from them.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Subscribing. Mine are original and starting to yellow. I am looking for replacement bulbs and will be watching this post for the recommendations.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Morimoto makes some great products. This is on my old vehicle; their aftermarket projectors and bulbs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whatever bulb you get, be careful of knockoffs...they are everywhere. Buy from a reputable seller.

For me, I stick with OEM bulbs in OEM packaging. Yes I probably pay more, but its worth the extra money for longevity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts