SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-ford-focus-diesel-wagon-first-drive-review

If youre ok w/o awd... this is the ultimate new car: diesel 4 banger 6sp MT wagon! fk hybrid - diesel = 550 miles per tank. whats not to like? need to to go to effin EU to buy it tho. CMON FERD!

Last year the local dealer agreed to help but just learned this week they want to charge well over 10k beyond the 29k euros just to get it here. F that and f ferd!

Subaru right now is the only car maker w MT awd wagons worth paying 25k brand new. as cash buyer i could never never do the 50k new cars all the happy to borrow/lease finance people all get... R not so bad for another yr.

·
Registered
445 Posts
No awd, ford, nty...

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
It's a pretty rad car, but the lack of AWD is a dealbreaker... If it were an option, I would take the Golf R SportWagen over this though.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
RWD is my preferred choice, but AWD is the only way I can stand a transverse-mount engine.

A diesel 6 speed is pretty nice. I won't flame that. I'd love to see is modified and rolling coal. Eh, my red-neck roots are showing.

·
Registered
869 Posts
All we really want from life is a Jalopnik-spec RWD brown manual diesel wagon.

·
Registered
445 Posts
R over that garbage, get that ford **** outta here...

no AWD !?!? i have deep winters over here...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
LOL. AWD makes the car good and Jalopnik is dead yo... remember their parent company is now dead. You do know that the difference between the FoRS and the R is actual torque vectoring... and that's about in terms of hardware (minus the engine). And somehow Ford has made the angle gear on the FoRS leak faster than a Volvo one... That takes effort!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
There's a guy in my neighborhood with an RS. He just moved in and we haven't met yet but I'm hoping to get a ride someday.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's a guy in my neighborhood with an RS. He just moved in and we haven't met yet but I'm hoping to get a ride someday.
Nice. So few RS's will come here. Been buggin on this car for a while but must have wagon the hatchback is just too small

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Nice. So few RS's will come here. Been buggin on this car for a while but must have wagon the hatchback is just too small
True - and at the end of the day, it's still a Focus. Sure, it's fast, but you paid $35K+ for a Focus. Also I'm wary of them squeezing ever more power from the same block, like how ours are bored out to 2.5.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts