SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, Prospero was right.
It stayed stock for 4 months but since I installed that chip out of that old R I bought, it seems to be crying for an exhaust.

IPD?
Ferrita?
Another?
For a baseline, I found the TME (on my old 99) to be too quiet so I removed the rear resonator.
After that I thought it sounded pretty good http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
I'm open to suggestions here...
(I also want either a polished oval tip or a twin pipe tip.
Don't care for the ricer very large round polished tip both come with)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: "best" cat back for my 850R? (JRL)

The BSR with the rear resonator removed (2.5") sounds pretty damn good to me...doesn't drone with a cat and muffler and when you get it on it, you know you're on it...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Have something made local.

My vote? HKS Carbon/Ti LOL

Carsons supersprint is loud and raspy when he's on the throttle (3" DP, no cat, supersprint exhaust)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Think I'll stay with the TME and remove the rear resonator.
At least I KNOW what that sounds like, fairly nice.
(I'll just get a custom tip made if I can't find one pre made)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
Yeah, Prospero was right.
It stayed stock for 4 months but since I installed that chip out of that old R I bought, it seems to be crying for an exhaust.

IPD?
Ferrita?
Another?
For a baseline, I found the TME (on my old 99) to be too quiet so I removed the rear resonator.
After that I thought it sounded pretty good http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
I'm open to suggestions here...
(I also want either a polished oval tip or a twin pipe tip.
Don't care for the ricer very large round polished tip both come with)

Ah, the only reason I was right...was because I'm guilty of the same damn thing. Look at it this way, you're normal!
Who would have thought!?

Anyhow I don't recall if you heard my wife's car while I had it over your place some time ago...but it is a SuperSprint with the resonator taken off. Of all the exhausts we've had...this one is by far my choice. The welds and fitment are simply the best...the sound is wonderful too. We get compliments all the time on the look, sound, and location. (Right on the money in the cut-out!)

Now there is another option...I'm meeting up with another Sweedspeed member Friday the 30th to get custom exhaust on his R and my C70. The thread is in the R forum...it's only ~1.5 hours away from you...our appointment is at 1:00 and the price is likely not going to be over $200!
For a complete custom cat-back 3" system! I'm bringing my Magnaflow parts, but they will be doing the labour and whatnot. Want to come along? I'll buy dinner!

Cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: "best" cat back for my 850R? (Prospero)

ONLY 1-1/2 hours

Where?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

ONLY 1-1/2 hours

Where?

Red Run Auto, Denver, PA

1364 Red Run Rd
Stevens, PA 17578

I will be meeting with Phuz (and his R) along with my C, Friday the 30th for a 1:00 PM apt. If you call them, I'm sure they can fit you in!

Cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks.
Decided on the TME with a custom tailpipe.
Scott and I were going over tips last night and we found a perfect oval tip, similar to a stock S70 tip but a bit larger and polished

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Thanks.
Decided on the TME with a custom tailpipe.
Scott and I were going over tips last night and we found a perfect oval tip, similar to a stock S70 tip but a bit larger and polished

Jim,

Sounds like a logical choice to me. You'll have to post a picture when you get that thing installed!

If time allows I'll be up in your neck of the woods over the holiday weekend...should I drop you a line?

TTYL,
Prospero

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Prospero »
Red Run Auto, Denver, PA

1364 Red Run Rd
Stevens, PA 17578

I will be meeting with Phuz (and his R) along with my C, Friday the 30th for a 1:00 PM apt. If you call them, I'm sure they can fit you in!

Cheers,
Prospero

why didn't you post that here? I would have been all over that...I already have a 2.5" u-bend and I really want a quality cat-less system....too bad I'm in Detroit right now

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote, originally posted by Prospero »

Jim,

Sounds like a logical choice to me. You'll have to post a picture when you get that thing installed!

If time allows I'll be up in your neck of the woods over the holiday weekend...should I drop you a line?

TTYL,
Prospero
Sure, take a look at the S70 T5 and the 850 T5 (in my garage) for sale, maybe you know someone...

I'll be home (or around the 'hood) most of the weekend

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

Sure, take a look at the S70 T5 and the 850 T5 (in my garage) for sale, maybe you know someone...

I'll be home (or around the 'hood) most of the weekend

Cool! I'll give you a call when I'm in town!

Cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
220 Posts

I don't understand you... You ask for our opinion, we give you everything BUT TME, and that's what you pick

Can't wait to see it with an Oval tip, that is why the Supersprint is the best, it actually fits the shape of the cutout in the bumper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts